Close

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Washed the car today as I haven't in weeks with moving and the wedding. Didn't clay or wax, going to get to that tomorrow hopefully. I did however remove the wheels and clean 3 years of brake dust / road grime off the inside of the rim though.

What a mess!

All cleaned up ready to be remounted

Had these SSR valve stems that came with my car, guy I had mount and balance them recommended I didn't put them on in case I hit a curb. The plastic caps on my wheels didn't look too great plus they were splitting so I decided to use the caps off the unused SSR stems.

Getting the wheels off was a bitch. When I took my car for inspection they must have tightened my lugs and used a gun because I needed to use a 4ft cheater bar just to get them loose! Also broke 1 wrench and 1 adapter in the process!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Registered User mitchlikesbikes's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by .colin View Post
    Getting the wheels off was a bitch. When I took my car for inspection they must have tightened my lugs and used a gun because I needed to use a 4ft cheater bar just to get them loose! Also broke 1 wrench and 1 adapter in the process!!

this happened to me once too. ever since then NOBODY other than myself has touched my lug nuts. stupid monkeys at shops..

Bought some Techron fuel system cleaner, car has 109k and it's never been cleaned. I figure it couldn't hurt! Car seems to drive a lot smoother after using about a 1/3 of the freshly treated gasoline.

Removed my rear DC5 strut gussets and custom connecting bar for refinishing.

Sanded and ready for paint

Painted with Black VHT epoxy paint. Advertised as self priming so we will see how it turns out. Still some pits and gouges left in the metal but overall they look pretty good. Letting them cure overnight for reinstallation tomorrow.

nice man! ep looks great.

btw 2 quick questions:

-How long have you had the mugen ss and how has it held up so far?

-What did you use to get the wheels back to this shape:

Quote Originally Posted by .colin View Post
    All cleaned up ready to be remounted

Green Crew #7

Please donate and support EPHatch.com: Greenie Status, License Plate Frames, Banner & Small 'ephatch.com' Decals

Was your WTS/WTT/WTB closed? Please read the following: link 1 & link 2

Thanks! Had the Mugen SS since 2010, I bought them used with 25k, I put about another 25k on them or so. I love them, they've held up very well and the car feels great. I got them for a steal, otherwise I would have got a full coilover setup.

I cleaned my wheels with just soapy water, simple green, and a brush.

Quote Originally Posted by mitchlikesbikes View Post
    this happened to me once too. ever since then NOBODY other than myself has touched my lug nuts. stupid monkeys at shops..
    but I used a torque stick on my 650 ft/lb. 1/2" drive impact. I'm sure they are torqued to 80 ft/lb, the stick said 80..

.colin: Looking like its time to swap the tires, lots-o-camber?

Quote Originally Posted by Tougeep3 View Post
    but I used a torque stick on my 650 ft/lb. 1/2" drive impact. I'm sure they are torqued to 80 ft/lb, the stick said 80..

.colin: Looking like its time to swap the tires, lots-o-camber?
    Yup, the tires are pretty much shot. My rear camber is within spec (not that it's optimal). A camber kit for the front in rear is planned for next year, I'd like little to no camber in the back with as much negative up in front.

Ordered a new OEM filter and some ducting to make a cold air feed for the OEM box. I wanted a new intake but the only ones that actually made a difference in low end power and throttle response was the Mugen and Comptech. Since both are rare and expensive, I'm going to improve on the stock intake instead. Stay tuned!

The ffsquad keychains I ordered off JHPUSA came today!! I ordered one for myself and a backup incase my wife wanted one! For those that don't know, ffsquad started the whole JDM scene on the west coast and their cars have definitely influenced myself personally since I first heard about them in 2006.

Installed the painted rear strut bar and gussets tonight and saw a few custom pieces I want to make. First being a 1 piece c-pillar bar. Second being a new connecting bar for the gussets that would tie into the body in a few places. Third being an aluminum spare tire cover. The cardboard one is crap. A nice matte aluminum one would look and hold up so much better.

Made some vinyl number decals during lunch today for autox this weekend. I had made magnetic ones but last race they kept coming off.

u got some nice photos since you did your first post - can you grab some of them and add them to your first post so we can make your build an Article
    Last edited by skep18; 04-07-2009 at 06:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jpax View Post
    u got some nice photos since you did your first post - can you grab some of them and add them to your first post so we can make your build an Article
    Sure no problem
    Last edited by .colin; 09-07-2012 at 04:59 AM.

.colin's 2004 EP3

Washed, clay bar, and waxed the entire car today. Wheels were dirty as hell from the stop tech pads - dustiest pads I've ever had! Cleaned the engine bay as well, soaked everything in simple green and hosed it off. Also installed my new air filter, it was definitely time to replace.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread Information