Close

Where is the a/c drain line located? Any pointers for cleaning our the a/c system?

Where is the a/c drain line located? Any pointers for cleaning our the a/c system?

just cut the line and let it vent to the atmosphere.......

your going to need to take it to an a/c automotive technician. For the amount of refrigerant your putting in there, the tech will have the license needed to buy it. The refrigerant will be needed to be evacuated to a tank. He's gonna have all the hoses and the tank to do it. After, he's going to have to attach a air pump to create a vaccuum inside the a/c system to remove any air in the lines. Then he's going to put in new refrigerant.

Sorry, I explained that bad. I need the condenser drain cleaned out. The vents abd car are really musty smelling and I'm sure it coming from the vents and ac system.

you checked your cabin filters?? Usually refirgerant wont cause a smell, the heater core might, but most likely the smell is gonna be coming from the cabin filters. If its gettin a kind of moldy smell, maybe check to see that your heatercore isn't leaking.

yea refrigerant wont cause a bad smell, change your cabin air filters

I was on a Silverado forum and they stated to clean the heater core inside the cabin with a Clorox water solution spray. The wet towel smell comes from mildew buildup.

Quote Originally Posted by Jukka View Post
    you checked your cabin filters?? Usually refirgerant wont cause a smell, the heater core might, but most likely the smell is gonna be coming from the cabin filters. If its gettin a kind of moldy smell, maybe check to see that your heatercore isn't leaking.
    Cabin filter it brand new.

Quote Originally Posted by RHCP0801 View Post
    yea refrigerant wont cause a bad smell, change your cabin air filters
    It's not the refrigerant that smells it's the condenser unit that collects (and hopefully drains) our the bottom of the car somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Kerby View Post
    I was on a Silverado forum and they stated to clean the heater core inside the cabin with a Clorox water solution spray. The wet towel smell comes from mildew buildup.
    Yea, it's definitely a mildew smell.

Thread Information