Close

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    sounds like it. map sensor. p/n 37830-PGK-A01 $50 - $70

or you can spring for a hondata one for $90-$99 - 4 bar or something. future proof for boost.

well corsport have one in $81 that will be my next step since a got a revhard turbo kit on it

I labeled my connectors since it is so easy to mix them up. A simple sharpie does the job wonderfully.

You will want to clean the IACV as well. Everytime I've seen someone mix the sensors, the IACV suffers.
    Your most reliable source for K24 swap help and warrantied/papered K24 longblocks. Serving the K-community since 2004.

The Evolution:
    2003 Ep3 - K24A1/K20Z3 Hybrid - currently under the knife
    2001 S2000 - Stock and loving it
    1987 Buick T-Type WE4 - The BEAST

Quote Originally Posted by dayronvip View Post
    well corsport have one in $81 that will be my next step since a got a revhard turbo kit on it
    *FACEPALM!!!!

it wouldve been nice to know you had a revhard kit on there! that wouldve helped alot. all you have to do is get an omni or hondata map sensor, go into kpro change the map sensor setting and upload the kal.

hey thanks for the help just put a new map sensor and the car fires up...it sound like a beast with that turbo...lol..thank u all

No problem.
    Your most reliable source for K24 swap help and warrantied/papered K24 longblocks. Serving the K-community since 2004.

The Evolution:

hey guys i got another issue im sorry......i didnt swap the ep3 thermostat i left the stock one inside but it wont open...do i need to put the ep3 one cuz i left the radiator cap off to let the air go out but the car car still overheating....

Raise the car in the front, put the A/C system to full heat, put the fan completely on. Put more coolant into the system. Squeeze the lower radiator hose throughout the process.

The Evolution:

you can squeeze the upper rad hose too, a lot easier

Quote Originally Posted by RHCP0801 View Post
    you can squeeze the upper rad hose too, a lot easier
    Eh, its close enough to the radiator cap that it can create a mess with spillage. I've used both with sucess, but the lower hose seems to keep things from sloshing around on the top end.

The Evolution:

i normally have that radiator funnel in there, makes the job a whole lot easier

hey guys i got another issue im sorry......i didnt swap the ep3 thermostat i left the stock one inside but it wont open...do i need to put the ep3 one cuz i left the radiator cap off to let the air go out but the car car still overheating....
    Yes you should have swapped over the entire thermostat housing including the thermostat. You will need to pull the hard pipe out of the k24a2 housing and put it in the a3 housing for everything to line up properly. If you didn't do this already what lower rad hose are you using? Since the k24 one comes out at the wrong angle?

well i got the k24 lower hose installed with no bends on it.....when u said thermo housing u r talking about just the cap not the back side cuz id already try the ep3 one and it wont fit. so i got the thermostat out from the housing if i just have that swapped it will work?

well i got the k24 lower hose installed with no bends on it.....when u said thermo housing u r talking about just the cap not the back side cuz id already try the ep3 one and it wont fit. so i got the thermostat out from the housing if i just have that swapped it will work?
    just the cap and thermostat. just take out the 3 bolts connecting it and replace the one on the k24.

Quote Originally Posted by j0000stin View Post
    just the cap and thermostat. just take out the 3 bolts connecting it and replace the one on the k24.
    No you can't just remove the cap with the thermostat in it from the ep3 and put it on the K24a2 housing it WILL NOT FIT. You need to remove the complete thermostat and housing (by housing i'm talking about the piece the hardline goes into) from the ep3 and put it on the K24a2. Then you need to remove the hardline from the k24a2 thermostat and put it into the k20a3 housing. I just did this a few weeks ago and this is the only way it will work.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information