Close

Safest Soap/Cleaning towls.

Currently I own a NHBP ep. I am just trying to figure out what products will protect my paint from me causing harm to my clear coat (swirls ect.). What I currently use is the two bucket method with two grit guards. I use softened water from my house sink. I don't even use the hose, I am always using the waterless way to wash my car. I use a meguires cleaning mitt and the products I use are ONR and another brand that I can't think of. To dry I use a Cobra Waffleweave drying towel to get the majority of the water, and then a clean micro towel. Are there any dangers of just using the waterless method? I am sure there are. Just wanted some input.

NHBP is a maintenance PITA as you seem to be aware. ONR should work fine provided your car isn't super dirty. There are a ton of excellent car shampoos: Optimum, Ultima, Lusso, Dodo Juice, 1Z einszett, Chemical Guys, Detailer's Pro Series, Duragloss, etc. Swirls and scratches are more likely to be bad technique (not rinsing often enough, too much pressure,... ) or bad/worn out/dirty mitts and towels than which shampoo you are using.

What are you using for a sealant and/or wax?

I would stay away from the ONR. I don't think it would work well on a black car.

I always think, the less you touch the car, the less you can damage the paint.

I think meguires now has a wax especially made for black cars. Ice seen it around in a black box.

Get a new wash mitt, and get a good one. Plan to replace it every year, or mire depending how often you wash. If it looks dirty, it's too late. Same goes for a shammy. Get a good microfiber drying shammy, I use meguires water magnet waffle.

Use a porter cable to remove the swirls with a more and more aggressive cut, until you find what works best. Then polish, then wax. Using specific pads for each.

Always wash from top to bottom, and rinse well befre and after, never letting the suds dry or in direct sun.

Once you get it to that perfect condition, it's all about maintaining it.

Sorry, but I've never really believed in that ONR no water car wash. You're just washing with dirt.

3m perfect-it step 2 and 3 with the corresponding pads have prolly been the best polishing compounds i have EVER used on NHBP... I dont have one swirl mark, its great! As for washing, I actually find that autoglym shampoo and conditioner seems to work very well without stripping the wax that you worked hard to apply.

Best part of owning an air compressor with an air dryer equipped , is that I blow off all the water and dont have to touch the car with another towel to not leave waterspots!

Re: Safest Soap/Cleaning towls.

so much buying into marketing BS... ugh

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

Thread Information