Close

Supercharger Race kit fuel rail bolt?

Hi guys,

Got my K-pro race upgrade yesterday, was working with the fuel rail and injectors, got the old ones off and the new ones on, no biggie, but i got to step 9.

"9. Install the two new thicker spacers and two
    new 8 x 35mm bolts to hold the fuel rail to the
    intake manifold. ...."

got the spacers but the bolts i got im not sure if there the right ones or not.

Bolt_no head.jpg

The bolt has no head to tighten down or flange/washer to hold the fuel rail in place. Not sure if this is right? gonna by a flanged nut to use in the mean time, gonna call Moss later and see whats up.

I'm pretty sure those are the right ones.. you take two nuts, tighten em on the stud and then screw the new stud in.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Cool, thats what i thought, it just didn't come with the nuts so i was a bit confused

For that matter, you can just use a flange bolt... or an allen bolt and washers... its entirely up to you. As long as the bolt thread is correct and is long enough to allow proper injector spacing you can do what ya want.

Quote Originally Posted by Ba82Ep3 View Post
    For that matter, you can just use a flange bolt... or an allen bolt and washers... its entirely up to you. As long as the bolt thread is correct and is long enough to allow proper injector spacing you can do what ya want.
    That's what I ended up doing, putting a regular bolt in there and stacking a shit load of washers on there. Looks ghetto as hell, but it gets the job done.

Use the phenolic spacers (reddish/brownish) and go by some bolts from the local hardware store (Home Depot/Lowes). Those provided studs are a pain to thread in and out and they also make it hard to line the injectors up to the manifold. Just take the studs to the store with you and grab the same pitch and thread (8X25mm).

Thread Information