Quote Originally Posted by talonXracer View Post
The difference is very easy to hear, and my hearing is shot all to hell and back from jet engines.

I have a MP3 player, it hasnt had the power turned on in well over 4 years and I have never owned a ipod because the sound is so sub-standard, and I no longer have a XM subscription for that reason and the fact I only listened to 2-3 channels and just wasnt worth it. I never owned a phone that was anything more than a phone.

Simple convenience does not make a product good if quality suffers, that is what is wrong with society today, quantity and convenience over quality and substance.

Now if you want an awesome listening experience try a virgin mastered LP through a modern design vacuum tube amp, simply amazing. But it is not very practical for a mobil setup....LOL

I will probably end up with some sort of ipod type storage device for the off road truck, simply because there is no moving parts to break when off road. Do they make a cheap head unit that has a USB port and internal memory? Now there is where the technologies shortcomings are overcome by their being resistance to shock, vibration and movement while offroad.
you sir are an audiophile.
maybe its just me but...id rather not have to change cd's / burn cd's if i wanna listen to different stuff in my car
my speakers in my car probably arent good enough to hear enough of difference btwn 320kbps and cd quality anyways

im not disagreeing with you that of course mp3 isn't the best
but is it really worth the trouble of using cd's for that extra quality

get a really good sound system in the car or good headphones...use an mp3 player because its just simply easier when you're on the go
and save that audiophile/ocd stuff for a home theatre system =]]