Close

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Originally posted by jo3y
    How was the install? hard to take apart the dash, break anything doing it, I want to do this but i need some info before i just start prying and pulling apart the gauge cluster

the install wan't that bad.. pretty easy to take apart the guage to put the new one on.. and nope i didn't break anyt'n puitting it on ..its just placed on top of the oem guage.. u just pull the black part of the dash out.. after.. unscrew a few screw bottom left n right.. u should see it after u puledl the black dash out.. and to get into the guage.. u have to unclip all the clips around the outside of the guage.. only concern i should warn when puting on the new guage is to watch out when u place the guage around the needle make sure u don't break it.. just becareful and take your time.. took me about 20mins.. to finish it up.. .. hope this help you.. good luck!

Looks good at night.

But is it readable during dawn/dusk driving time? The factory OEM gauges makes it so hard to see the numbers and often time they are washed out when I drive during the dawn/dusk time.

The gauges on the Si are pretty bad actually, lighting wise. Don't know why anyone would like them.

I'm usally not a ig fan on these kind of overlays(bright a$s green/blue), but these look pretty good. First glance w/lights off, looked like TRD Alteeza(IS 300) gauge cluster. Pretty phugin neat! It's always good to be different.
    I'd never understood why people would want to put SPOON cluster in their EK's when the Sh#t is in KM. You could simply replace the EK(no RPM gauge) w/ 99-00 SI cluster. JDM to a certain extent is good, but such a modification as Spoon cluster is a straight overkill.

I had them for a month now i think there cool.:D

SiNi$t3R
    we use to have a post here on Reverse indiglo guages. I have the link at home but i do know its at autodynamic.com . for $89

SiNi$t3R
    here is a link for some indiglos http://nextcollection.com/html/ORD-A...-6949-none.cfm

here are some with the titanium overlays
    http://www.importtrenz.com/importtre..._reverse.shtml

$129

Well I guess its my turn to be told to fuck off or be called a faggot.. because those gauges look like I would be looking at a friggin clock as I am driving -*Bleah* and I had indiglos on my V6 Accord for about 2 days... I couldnt stand them and ripped them out. If you can change the LED's in the stock gauges (that'd be tight and a sick ass DIY article) - I'd say do that -- indiglos are for F.F. stars. My $.02

I to wanna change my gauges. They are pretty kool and think they make it look alot better. I was just wondering if u found any blue needles too, as I think that would look even better. As for all the critics, you can think wwhatever u want but don't talk crap about other peoples ideas, just shutup and move to the next thread!!! IMO the fact that they made a blue car with orange interior lights was stupid as hell.

(EP) 2002- A Space Oddity RiceCzechs's Avatar
    Steering well clear of the flame war, I'm happy you like your new gauges, and indeed I think they look better than I would've expected. That said, I prefer the stock setup because it is cleaner and somehow less "gimmicky". Regardless, I always like to see mods on here of all sorts, and give you a "thumbs up" for your efforts.

looks like pretty good work:thumbsup:
    personally I just wanna change my color on the oem gauges from orange, to blue or maybe red.

Originally posted by SiNi$t3R
    here is a link for some indiglos http://nextcollection.com/html/ORD-A...-6949-none.cfm

here are some with the titanium overlays
    http://www.importtrenz.com/importtre..._reverse.shtml

$129

Both places are selling the same product, just different prices.

Originally posted by RyteN2Ep3
    it really does look great !! but somehow my camera couldnt get the orange/red light that lid up... really looks much better in person!!! way better then the plain orange oem guage...
    it sure looks nice lit up...to bad it looks so jacked in daylight. it looks nice in the pics tho...but i'm wonderin if you got the same [problem] i do - are your turn signals covered up...or can you still see them light up during day?
    Last edited by dofu; 05-16-2003 at 03:02 PM.

Originally posted by dofu

it sure looks nice lit up...to bad it looks so jacked in daylight. it looks nice in the pics tho...but i'm wonderin if you got the same [problem] i do - are your turn signals covered up...or can you still see them light up during day?
    yeah i do have the same problem during the day with the turn signal :( .. can't really see it, when signal'n only after the sun set... the guage i wouldn't say its 100% all that during the day.. but its sure is 100% all that at night

when i got the guages, i called ac and asked them if i could cut it open so i can see the blinkers and their response was that the guage was still under development and that they were'nt really ready for the market, and that if i cut it open to see the blinkers, it might affect the lighting of the guage. honestly, i feel like i got jacked even tho i only paid about a bill for these, and seriously, i would never buy anything acautotechnic again. cos if you have the same problem if you bought your s7 anytime recently or towards the end of last year for that matter, that means they weren't even concerned about the little problem with these guages. BTW i got these guages in oct or nov...i think...they said that mine was one of their first orders and they didn't even notice that design flaw until i mentioned it. and also, ours is the only ones made for civic with this flaw. looking thru some threads here, i read something about changing the color of the stock gauges and all the accessory lighting, and im thinkin that i'lll give that a shot sometime. cuz that way i can get the lighting effect of the ac's without all the bull. and plus, i think the stock looks cleaner anyways.
    Last edited by dofu; 05-17-2003 at 03:51 AM.

ephatch member
    I've got my center console/headunit area out right now and the buttons all disassembled, working on switching the off-red orange color to blue right now. Changing the light bulbs to LEDs, resistors inline and all, I'll be sure to post some pics of the install. The hardest part will be soldering resistors inline with the LEDs to the twist in bulb area.

If that goes well I'll definetly be trying to switch the stock orange to blue... I could go red too. I just think the orange is a bad shade of orange, not really red, not really orange, feels very inbetween to me.

The nice part about LEDs is that no matter the "shade" or tint, you can't change the color, so even though the needles on the gauges are orangish, they'd still be blue at night... But look stock during the day. That is they'll either be blue (since blue LEDs behind it, or nothing at all).

Those gauges look good at night, but too much for me in the day... and I'm gonna go for monochromatic if I can, the problem I think with the tinting is if you take out the stock gauge red tint it looks splotchy? Anyone tried that yet? More help on taking the gauges out would be helpful.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread Information