Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

k24a2 is in and running better than I imagined.

Started first try no check engine light settled at idle to under 1k rpms. let it run for about 45 mins while the coolant system purged turned it off let it cool down then test drove it, it runs excellent !!! even with the a3 ecu. I will be getting my ems tuned sometime between now and tuesday. Even got my aim cai to fit good !!! how do i post pics on here ?

Did you use the k24a2 fuel injectors?

Yes we used the tsx injectors, runs even better now that it has been in a few days. Can't wait to get it dyno tuned ! I think I'm going to get my RH and exhaust before the tune thou. I'm gonna try to find a used headed and get a custom 3in exhaust.

It can't be running good on the a3 ecu. It may seem like it but its not, shut it down till you can get it tuned. To post pics cut and paste the [IMG] code from photobucket or some hosting site into your message.

Quote Originally Posted by japarossa View Post
    It can't be running good on the a3 ecu. It may seem like it but its not, shut it down till you can get it tuned. To post pics cut and paste the [IMG] code from photobucket or some hosting site into your message.
    Yeah what he said... do urself and ur motor a favor and dont run it at all on the a3 tune. ur gonna end up causing major damage if u keep running it.

I don't understand why it would or even could damage it the a3 ecu is very conservitive compared to the base map for a tsx and with the i-vtec motors well computers it is impossible to run lean especially if you stay out of vtec. I am a service advisor at Acura and it was installed by an Acura tech at the dealership who also says I should not have a problem we can scan and monitor everything with the Honda hds according to him and the Guy who is going to be tuning my car the only thing a may be doing is burning more fuel do to the fact my ecu will be correcting it running lean which could eventually damage my cat or o2 sensor and this I have seen ! But if anybody else has anymore experience or have had something happen please share !!!!

Well it will run lean not rich, the ecu can't recognize the 310cc tsx injectors and will see them as 270cc a3 injectors not the 310cc minimum that the k24a2 requires. The ecu will activate vtec at 2200rpm.....thats what its programmed to do on the a3, just because its on a k24a2 doesn't mean it jumps to the k24 activation point. If you actually drive the car on the street with that ecu you will damage the motor. Most people won't be able to tell you from experience because not many people would swap the motor and then murder it by running the wrong ecu.

You CAN use the 310's for a k24 swap on the k20a3 ECU... but its for the k24a1 out of the CRV. I havent heard of anyone doing it with a k24a2 to know if it is RELIABLE. But you have to remember that the added fuel is an unmonitored amount (about 20%), because its calculated for the 270cc injectors on the k20a3.

If you could see your long term fuel trim, it should be removing fuel to meet stoic... if i remember correctly you should get a CEL for anything more than 25% -/+ This would be the only way to know if you are too rich or lean because you have no true way to gauge how much fuel is being added EXCEPT by the AF.

As far as VTEC goes, if you havent gotten a CEL for that then you are running around on the big lobe almost all the time (2200rpm+)... which might be good actually, because you need more air for the added fuel... and with the valves open more... it might come out in the wash.

Personally, i would NOT install a RH or CAI until you have some form of true engine management. That would just aggravate the potential issue even more. Spend that coin on KPro... or some kind of engine management that can give you real time data instead of guesstimation or waiting for a CEL to pop up. Remember... too much fuel can be bad too. Washed out rings lead to a ruined engine...

... good luck either way!

Thanks for your input and I have come to pretty much the same conclusion because I know the o2 sensor checks and adjusts the fuel with the i-vtec and I have an ems and a tuner ready just not the $ to do it right this second !

Quote Originally Posted by i11 b3havior View Post
    Thanks for your input and I have come to pretty much the same conclusion because I know the o2 sensor checks and adjusts the fuel with the i-vtec and I have an ems and a tuner ready just not the $ to do it right this second !
    As I said it will run lean and will not recognize the larger injectors it will run the 310's like they are 270's. If it was that easy to rely on the o2 sensor to correct the lean condition you would never need kpro, you would be able to boost it and just wait for the o2 sensor to correct the lean fuel. I have the k24a2 in my car and the maps from it compared to the a3 are like night and day. Goodluck

"burning more fuel" = damaged piston rings and cylinder walls. Aka: damage to the motor

keep us updated on this one.. lol

your running the a3 ecu?

subscribed to see ruined engine

Quote Originally Posted by RHCP0801 View Post
    your running the a3 ecu?

subscribed to see ruined engine
    Thats what I was trying to say in a nice way lol, subscribed for pics of this ruined motor.
    Last edited by o4ep3civ; 01-21-2009 at 01:04 AM.

Be nice. LOL

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information