Close

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by nmysiismyn View Post
    Yeah.. The introduction 02-03's got shafted! That's a good point Charles. I thought about that at one point and used to always remindmyself of that fact, but I forget about all the "politics" of after a while- especially when I step in some other compact/economic car from the same years to see all the little features they received that we got screwed on- which are mostly inexpensive/lightweight things... i.e. MP3 input jack, vanity mirror lights, telescopic steering wheel, etc... I could think of a hundred more things, but I just started with my coffee. lol

dude, think about what those compact/economy cars DIDNT get and the difference in cost...when building a car a company has to decide where the money goes, do you take out all the fiddly features that COULD break, and put the cost into making the key components that will define the car GOOD instead of just spreading the cost across lots of silly features, that in the end will be cheap and all break and then you are just left with a 240sx, no better than a civic and cost twice as much when new...

remember $1 more per car on 20k units is $20,000 more in production costs...this is why companies cut pennies...it sucks but in such high volumes it matters, if we are talking limited production cars, it doesnt matter, but mass market it really does add up
    Last edited by RedSiBaron; 04-25-2011 at 08:47 PM.
    my ep is white...

- We can talk numbers all you want, but the bullshit stops when the flag drops...

Last edited by Tokin_Buds; 04-26-2011 at 12:05 AM.

I NEVER use my sunroof, ever.. plus I hate the way the seal looks around the glass on the roof, it messes up the way the roof looks.. Look at an EP without a sunroof and I think you'll agree, it looks much nicer.

I like my sun roof a lot... Lol
    Last edited by oldskoofame; 01-21-2009 at 05:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by bizzle View Post
    I'd welcome to no sun roof part. It's heavy. It's one more thing to break. It's one more place for water to get inside and rust.
    im mixed about having a sun roof or not
    but i dont think i'd be going crazy if i didnt have one...

i don't use mine much...maybe like once every .....month maybe more

if we didnt have a sunroof our chassis would be lighter and stiffer <---don't quote me on this lol

i think thats the reason why some bmw m series cars are missing sunroofs <---(again don't quote me on this im throwing it out there based on pure memory of what i think i read and remember)

Because of the compound stamping on the roof for a sun roof, its actually stiffer having it, but you're looking at about an extra 30-50 lbs up on the highest point which is the worst point to have weight on a car...this is why the type r did not have a sun roof...reduced weight up high, and 30 less lbs on the car
    my ep is white...

- We can talk numbers all you want, but the bullshit stops when the flag drops...

UKDM Y0!
    Guys the EP2 gauge set is plug and play in the EP3 as a lot of people do the opposite over here if you like I could source some ep2 black clusters :)

Quote Originally Posted by stephenmcc View Post
    Guys the EP2 gauge set is plug and play in the EP3 as a lot of people do the opposite over here if you like I could source some ep2 black clusters :)
    Do itttttt

How about sourcing lockable glove box doors!

Are the lockable doors for LHD cars? or RHD? I found one on ebay, but it's UK so I'm assuming it's RHD specific
    Last edited by whatsvtec; 04-29-2011 at 06:22 AM.

i'm assuming the lock on the glove box corresponds to the lock on the doors/ignition. does anyone know if it's even possible to rekey the glove box to a specific ep3 key and how difficult it is?
    Green Crew #7

Please donate and support EPHatch.com: Greenie Status, License Plate Frames, Banner & Small 'ephatch.com' Decals

Was your WTS/WTT/WTB closed? Please read the following: link 1 & link 2

I'd like to see more pics of the EP2 gauge clusters installed- to see how it flows.
    I think I'm going to paint all my silver trim Landau Black, I think black gauges would go together with it nicely, but I'm iffy about having my mileage and redline off...

UKDM Y0!
    As luck has it, there is a black uk cluster for sale on epcivic.com for 30 uk pounds,

the glovebox locks we all got in the uk, I'll check with some of the European users for the LHD variants

Although we didn't get the HFP kit lol

There's probably other things you guys could use...

I have Honda jazz washer jets (Honda fit) in my EP, which change the jets from a spray to a mist for more coverage they're a lot better than the stock ones

Also if anyone needs any parts ordered from a uk dealer grab me the part number if possible and email me for prices but remember were RHD :p

Email is stephenmcc@live.com

shipping from Norther Ireland is killer though. I paid a guy for a Aniversary edition MOMO steering wheel from N.I., was gonna cost around twice as much as i paid for the wheel to get it shipped from N.I. to Canada.

Quote Originally Posted by ep3jd View Post
    04-05 has that feature.
    My 03 has that feature. Made in 09/02

Quote Originally Posted by stephenmcc View Post
    by any chance could you post a pix of the cluster illuminated?..id love to see how it looks before deciding on it

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information