Close

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ctd-fab View Post
    Just received a big shipment of aluminum piping and couplers 5 minutes ago :)

Hopefully this weekend gives me some time to complete the piping. Projects ahead of it - custom s2k forward facing turbo manifold, s2k combined breather/overflow, finish up a couple sets of GTR manifolds, tranny bracket on a mid 7 second nitrous drag truck. Hmmmm, i think i might need a case of energy drinks

I do plan on making mutiple sets of piping, battery relocated and stock location, RBB intake, RBC intake, PRB intake. Also the crash bar only requires a small amount of trimming so I have to make a template and I'm also going to start designing a custom bolt on tubular chromoly crash bar replacement with intercooler mounts. Options option options
    from reading through the first page to now you are a genius! business wise and car smart. keep up the great work and hope to see this kit available for us sometime soon. maybe it will sway me to go turbo instead of s/c

Whoa! I'm definitely no genius. Just a normal guy that thinks he can weld, haha.

I would really love to be a site vendor and when the kit is finished maybe that will happen. Right now its hard to justify the cost, pretty much every extra penny to my name is re-invested into the shop. Its tough to make a quality name for yourself in the fab business, especially here in Arizona.

I eat, sleep, breath fabricating. Seriously at least 4 days out of the week I end up sleeping at my shop, shower outside with a hose.

All the wise people in my life tell me its going to pay off. We'll see

Whoa! I'm definitely no genius. Just a normal guy that thinks he can weld, haha.

I would really love to be a site vendor and when the kit is finished maybe that will happen. Right now its hard to justify the cost, pretty much every extra penny to my name is re-invested into the shop. Its tough to make a quality name for yourself in the fab business, especially here in Arizona.

I eat, sleep, breath fabricating. Seriously at least 4 days out of the week I end up sleeping at my shop, shower outside with a hose.

All the wise people in my life tell me its going to pay off. We'll see
    It will definitely pay off. Keep up the good work. After I graduate and get a job I want one of your setups. Mid 400 hp dd k24a2 is what I want. Haha. My SC ain't cuttin it. Well, with the a3 at least.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Registered User mitchlikesbikes's Avatar
    damn man. i just read your whole thread over on azht.net, and i have to say your work is awesome. the manifolds designed for the evo twin scrolls are genius. and the price on that bitchin k series mani is great!

where are you located at? after i get home from deployment id like to cruise in and see what your up to. and maybe get you to fab me up a down pipe and some ic piping. if you can find time after your hose shower...

i believe he's in arizona. not sure which part though.

Quote Originally Posted by mitchlikesbikes View Post
    i believe he's in arizona. not sure which part though.
    yea im from az, i spend my weekends there, and work in san diego during the week, when im not on deployment...

Quote Originally Posted by ginger View Post
    yea im from az, i spend my weekends there, and work in san diego during the week, when im not on deployment...
    nice:) he does fabwork for AFI so i would imagine he's close to wherever they are haha

Quote Originally Posted by 05 hatch View Post
    It will definitely pay off. Keep up the good work. After I graduate and get a job I want one of your setups. Mid 400 hp dd k24a2 is what I want. Haha. My SC ain't cuttin it. Well, with the a3 at least.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
    Thanks! Sounds good, I'll do anything to help take a SC off and put a turbo on, haha. My t3/t4 57 trim should be good for around 450 and right now I hit my basemap cut (3.5 psi) at 2500 rpm so I'm sure you will like the response! The primary size is really working out IMO. Keep in mind that's with an A3 so a k24A2 should be a monster!

damn man. i just read your whole thread over on azht.net, and i have to say your work is awesome. the manifolds designed for the evo twin scrolls are genius. and the price on that bitchin k series mani is great!
    I'm glad you like my fab! Its fun doing completely different and random stuff day in and day out, keeps me fresh and learning. The evo twinscroll turbo applications are my favorite, they are really aimed towards the average joe that wants a super responsive setup for a fraction of the cost. I know I want to spend the least amount and get the most for it, that is also my goal for my customers!

Quote Originally Posted by ginger View Post
    where are you located at? after i get home from deployment id like to cruise in and see what your up to. and maybe get you to fab me up a down pipe and some ic piping. if you can find time after your hose shower...
    Hey, my shop is set up in Tempe, Arizona right by ASU. I would be happy to make whatever you need, EP3's get a special discount also, haha In this heat Ive been working from about noon - 3 am. The hose ain't that bad, not very classy but the daytime temps keep the water warm through the night. The only thing is that I'm right off the main street and I get some funny looks sometimes by people driving by, haha

nice:) he does fabwork for AFI so i would imagine he's close to wherever they are haha
    Actually I have been on my own for about 4 months now. I still offer to help over there but mostly just buy all my flanges and custom machined parts from them. Mike, the owner, is a great guy and I have to say he was probably the fairest boss Ive ever had. They make some awesome parts but I can't say I miss the production line work.
    Last edited by Ctd-fab; 07-12-2011 at 09:17 AM.

Actually I have been on my own for about 4 months now. I still offer to help over there but mostly just buy all my flanges and custom machined parts from them. Mike, the owner, is a great guy and I have to say he was probably the fairest boss Ive ever had. They make some awesome parts but I can't say I miss the production line work.
    oh man fail on my part haha. congrats on going independent though!

lol, no worries, thanks! Its been rough/interesting, and a great learning experience! Ive never been the super salesman people person type and being on my own has really been helping me learn how to interact better with customers/suppliers. I still have a bit of trouble answering and returning all the phone calls. Maybe one day........i'll be able to hire a hot receptionist/sales woman

Thankfully Ive been successful enough to keep the bills at bay but I haven't been able to really pay myself yet. Things are on the up and up, the shop is getting more organized and put together day by day. My showroom is starting to take shape, just need a comfy couch and some racks to display product. The big screen and Wii for those epic Mario Kart battles are being mounted pretty soon.

One thing...I never really understood how much money you have to spend to make money until now. And its working without any loans/credit or investors.
    Last edited by Ctd-fab; 07-13-2011 at 02:53 AM.

cause unless its a sealed battery i don't want hydrogen leaking into my cabin, plus running giant battery wires is lame.

theres a price on this manifold already?

Quote Originally Posted by AKEP View Post
    cause unless its a sealed battery i don't want hydrogen leaking into my cabin, plus running giant battery wires is lame.

theres a price on this manifold already?
    link removed. sorry if that causes any problems
    Last edited by mitchlikesbikes; 07-12-2011 at 08:38 PM. Reason: link removed

Hey guys, I can't post up any kind of advertising. This wouldn't be fair to the paying vendors on this site. I have this build thread to just show the EP crowd something different, not to sell any products or manifolds.

I'm going to have to ask you to remove the link. Sorry, but I have to be fair. Thanks

*EDIT* Maybe one of the owners of ephatch.com would take one of my Ktop manifolds in trade for vendorship??? I could probably swing that.
    Last edited by Ctd-fab; 07-12-2011 at 07:22 PM.

Jacking my own thread with custom S2K integrated oil catch can and overflow combo I just finished. I had so much fun building this little thing that I started thinking about maybe something for my EP chassis. This one started out as a carboard sample and soon after is became a nice little CAD file. Templates were printed out and then transfered to some nice 5052 .125 AL. After spending a bit of time on baffling, fittings, and welding it was done. It is missing mounting brackets and the overflow inlet banjo bolt/fitting.

Last edited by Ctd-fab; 07-13-2011 at 02:49 AM.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread Information