Close

Scrapyard ECU, how to test ?

Hey all,

I bought a 02 SiR ECU from my local scrapyard and wanted to know how can I test it to see if it works good on my car? Can it cause problem if I plug it in my car without reprogramming the immobilizer? I don't want to pay to reprogram a defective ECU lol

If the ECU is good, can I have it repgroammed before adding Kpro to it or you need to do it after getting Kpro?

Thanks!

You can't test it to see if it works on your car without programming the immobilizer. You can have it programmed before or after you get Kpro it doesn't matter.

Quote Originally Posted by japarossa View Post
    You can't test it to see if it works on your car without programming the immobilizer. You can have it programmed before or after you get Kpro it doesn't matter.
    That was one good fast answer. Thank you!

Are honda dealer the only people who can do this or my local Tuning/Hondata installer can do it too?

no only honda can program the ecu to work with your immobilizer.

Ok thanks alot! Now I need to find the cheapest dealer to do it lol My local dealer quoted me 95$...

Quote Originally Posted by Jmage View Post
    Ok thanks alot! Now I need to find the cheapest dealer to do it lol My local dealer quoted me 95$...
    Ouch! Can I ask - how much did you pay for the ecu? And why a new one?

Quote Originally Posted by Cheep3 View Post
    Ouch! Can I ask - how much did you pay for the ecu? And why a new one?
    I didn't pay them yet lol I want to search around for a cheaper dealer than this one...

I bought another one because I want to be able to swap ECU for Kpro to none Kpro + it's my DD so don't want to lose it for some time. And if I am to sell the car it will be easier to swap ECU and sell Kpro here instead of searching another one when it will be time to sell. And my stock ECU has already been removed by previous owners and damaged on the exterior, the one I found is in perfect condition and I took the 3 bolts too since mine had 3 different bolts. I had lot's of reasons hehe

I paid 75$ cash for the ECU + some other things for my car, GF car and brother car. I was so sad removing the ECU and other things from the smashed EP3 at the scrapyard almost droped a tears :( loll

Thread Information