Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: SRS light on

http://www.skidmore.edu/~pdwyer/e/fi...ns/A06-009.pdf

A recall on the OPDS for UK based models??? Check it out!

Registered User Her-Name's-Ally's Avatar
    same exact thing happened to me when I tried replacing my steering wheel and it bothers me. there is a video on youtube about it but it was alright but it was done on a DC5. im sure its exactly the same though.

good stuff imma try this on my break dont mean to thread jack ive posted but got no replies does anyone know something bout removing the BRAKE light mine stays on but its no engaged

Yeah, mine's on too. Did the reset - came back on after I got home and unlatched my seat belt, seat belt light didn't come on, but the srs light did. Something under the seatbelt. It's under warranty if I recall.

My srs light came on after I exchanged my steering wheel with a better looking one but I kept the same airbag. I didn't disconnect the battery when the yellow airbag plug/sensor was disconnected to remove steering wheel. I tried to restart the light but was unsuccessful. Is there another way to try and get rid of it?

Quote Originally Posted by ohdamngetit View Post
    My friend, who works for Honda, told me that our seat belt buckles are warrantied for life. Get it checked out and if it is the case, it's fixed for free.

My passenger seat belt buckle was replaced this past summer at no charge.
    Just confirmed with the dealership and there is a lifetime warranty for the buckles.

I've had my SRS light on for a while but didn't have time to resolve it. I finally got to it this week. I found a helpful guide to read the SRS code: http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread.php?t=636707

I recorded the light sequence so I could easily review it and have proof for the dealership in case an issues arose. Mine ended up being code 9-3 which is indicates a problem with the driver's side seat belt buckle. AFAIK, Honda North America provides lifetime warranties for seat belts and buckles for years 2007 and before. I took my EP3 to the Honda dealership and told them there's a problem with the seat belt buckle. They offered to repair it free if that truly was the case and there was no other issue that was tripping the SRS light. If there was another SRS issue that wasn't covered by warranty then I would have to pay the diagnostic fee ($95) even if I don't have them fix anything. My CEL is always on because I need to replace my cat and I made sure that wasn't going to cause me to pay any diagnostic fee. They reassured me it was a different system and they were not going to even look at that issue if I didn't want them to. They performed the diagnostic and the mechanic came to the same conclusion: code 9-3 and needs a new driver's side seat belt buckle. Part wasn't on hand but was ordered. Two days later I went back to the dealership and it was fixed in about 1.5 hours and I didn't pay a dime. SRS light hasn't come back on and I feel safer knowing my airbags will deploy in the event of an accident.

TL;DR: SRS light was on even after reset. Driver's side seat belt buckle was replaced under Honda North America lifetime warranty at the dealership.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information