Close

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by mitchlikesbikes View Post
    he's strongly considering the teal from the CRZ. it's more blue than teal in my opinion but it has a teal quality to it.
    Yup, that perfectly describes it, I love it! Once I'm getting ready for paint I gotta talk to my guy to find out how much longer a pearl finish will take compared to a regular.

I'm torn between the CRZ North Shore Blue Pearl or S2K grand prix white

If you're tight on cash just do the white

But if you really want the crz blue then maybe you can do some prep to cut costs? I'm prepping my entire car and my girl's bro is painting it

Quote Originally Posted by ep3jd View Post
    If you're tight on cash just do the white

But if you really want the crz blue then maybe you can do some prep to cut costs? I'm prepping my entire car and my girl's bro is painting it
    I'm doing as much of the R & I as I can in order to already cut down on costs. We're working on it in stages, first thing to do is get the parts and do the body work to get everything fitted. Once we do that I guess I'll know more about our plans for Prep/Paint. I REALLY want the blue it shouldn't be TOO much more than white I hope

Idk if I trust myself block sanding the entire car... I'd rather let him prep the car and know it's gonna be a finish he can fully stand by. Have you had experience sanding before? Good luck! I really hope the car turns out great though, you've got some awesome colors in mind.

Side Note: Lamin-x protective covering for the Bumper, Fenders and Hood? I want to get some put on to protect the new finish, but IDK the cost or long-term effectiveness. I'd be most worried about the lamin-x yellowing/hazing. Not that good plastic protectant would't help avoid that.... IDK!!!
    Last edited by whatsvtec; 05-17-2011 at 05:24 PM.

Dinoco Blue from the Cars movie.

Alpine White from BMW.

Going to paint today(finally), probably gonna stay white... I'm not sure which one to pick though!

Purple!

-Rob

Quote Originally Posted by 27rocks View Post
    Purple!
    heh, maybe for wheels!

I'm either sticking with a plain white, pearl white, or CRZ blue pearl

Vinyl wrap!
    Last edited by Kodeen; 01-31-2009 at 12:40 PM.

Vinyl wrap!
    Meh, already have things lined up with paint so it's not an option at this point. Is that what you're gonna do though?! Go flat black

Haha nooooooo I might do red, or white. I hate flat black and my ep is already nhbp lol

Moderator=>PM 4 Help MugenReplica's Avatar
    Little late to the party.....o well....

the buddy club kit looks kinda shitty to me to be honest with you. whether its rice or not i just hate the look of the massive front bumper. i think the best thing to do would be to get jdm bumpers if you have the cash or just get stock bumpers and fill in the bumper light holes before you paint. you could also fill in the sidemarker holes and get some serious JDM swag.

on a side note, it seems as if your panels all got fucked in the absolute worst places to fix so that's a bummer.

glad you're going with grand prix white though that's a sick color. way better than champ white.
    Disagree HIGHLY!! It just has to be done correctly, with a slight drop and flush rims. With a real JDM Buddy Club kit, you'll also need all the correct rebars like you would with JDM bumpers. What most people see around here is Chinese DM Buddy Club replica kits, which use our rebars and make the kit look HIDEOUS!!

Here's a few examples of well done and very sweet looking Buddy Club kits.....

Quote Originally Posted by tht1guy View Post
    I've been thinking about rattle canning mine flat black

Sent from my HTC Thunderbolt...
    I'm a big fan of matte black.....

*Notice the Root Beer color from Honda on Skoolnu's Ep3 behind me. That color is FRESH!!! You gotta see it in person.

Last edited by MugenReplica; 06-08-2011 at 08:22 AM.

Not on the ep3

Especially over vbp... HELL NO

Totally agree on this, not over VBP!!

I'm glad you dig the Buddy Club kit John! I'm gonna be rockin' oem bumpers for a while, but eventually I'm gonna get the rebars and AUTHENTIC bumper covers! Gonna do it up just like you said, small drop, flush wheels. Set for function.
    Rep skirts though

I've never seen your car before... Does it still look like that?
    Last edited by whatsvtec; 06-08-2011 at 09:16 AM.

the buddy club kit looks kinda shitty to me to be honest with you. whether its rice or not i just hate the look of the massive front bumper. i think the best thing to do would be to get jdm bumpers if you have the cash or just get stock bumpers and fill in the bumper light holes before you paint. you could also fill in the sidemarker holes and get some serious JDM swag.

on a side note, it seems as if your panels all got fucked in the absolute worst places to fix so that's a bummer.

glad you're going with grand prix white though that's a sick color. way better than champ white.
    Quote Originally Posted by tht1guy View Post
    I've been thinking about rattle canning mine flat black

Sent from my HTC Thunderbolt...
    Quote Originally Posted by whatsvtec View Post
    I'm glad you dig the Buddy Club kit John! I'm gonna be rockin' oem bumpers for a while, but eventually I'm gonna get the rebars and AUTHENTIC bumper covers! Rep skirts though

I've never seen your car before... Does it still look like that?
    With the exception of my front bumper being cracked at the moment, YES! I've also swapped around rims and forfeited using my Stoptech BBK to use my 15x10 and 15x8 BBS RS rims for a reverse staggered setup. Also I added EM2 fogs to the Mugen Replica bumper and Mugen Replica canards.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread Information