Close

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jmage View Post
    Nice to see that my DIY will be used again lol Posted like after the BCSS was discontinued.

From what I heard about the "new" bcss is they have be revised, are they the same shifters?
    So is this a good or bad thing. Im about to get one from our genders by next week.

Hopefully its the same cuz I heard some really great reviews about them

Quote Originally Posted by lemonhead228 View Post
    Im about to get one from our genders by next week.
    genders??

Quote Originally Posted by Type_R_Nammer View Post
    genders??
    :)

Hehe

Quote Originally Posted by BeaterEP View Post
    Really? Hadn't heard that, in for information though.
    Wonder what, if any, changes they made?
    I saw it there http://www.ephatch.com/forum/showthr...l=1#post917378

Quote Originally Posted by lemonhead228 View Post
    So is this a good or bad thing. Im about to get one from our genders by next week.

Hopefully its the same cuz I heard some really great reviews about them
    I hope for you too because it IS really a good product

got mine in the main yesterday, definitely looking forward to putting in this weekend when im off and it stops raining lol this thread will be a great help thanks for all the great information guys

Definitely let us kno how that goes!

just installed the bcss ... dude , great walk through everything went great, had to swap out the stock honda caps on the shifter cable arms like stated in a previous post because i too was having centering issues , but this thread was super helpful had it out and installed in less than an hour +1 for a great walk through big ups to EPhatch.com!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jmage View Post
    Nice to see that my DIY will be used again lol Posted like after the BCSS was discontinued.

From what I heard about the "new" bcss is they have be revised, are they the same shifters?
    I just got mine last week and it doesn't look like the one you posted. I'll try and take a pick of it sometime this week and throw it up. I'll take some side by sides of the two when I do my install as well, just not sure when that will be.

Here's something helpful...

Take the console out, including the cigarette lighter cover. From underneath, you can get a wrench or channel locks onto the nut of each cable to turn and remove them from the shifter.

It's been a week since I've installed the BCSS, the install DIY was a great help, thanks for posting.

When installing the BCSS, I understand why people went to the stock white plastic caps rather than the BC because even without reinstalling everything it was pretty obvious that it was going to be too tight for the spring to move the ball joint back to center. Comparing the stock plastic caps to the the BC caps, the BC ones flair out slightly on the bottom so they require a lot of force to get them seated properly, where the stock ones easily sit flush. The service manual (the page is posted earlier in the thread) labels these as needing to be greased, but it's just a really tight fit and I can't see normal use waring it in that much. I don't see any real detriment using the stock caps so I haven't bothered contacting Corsport of Buddy Club, but this seems to be common for people who have bought the rereleased BCSS. Any more people with this or other solutions?

Beside that, the feel is much better and more directly mechanical, definitely like the shorter throw. The car has 155k miles on it, and all the sloppiness is gone, the old ball joint just flopped around compared to the BCSS. Installed the base bushing along with it, and waiting on installing the cable bushings.

And for the clockwise vs. counterclockwise methods of removing the shifter cables, what you're doing is popping the plastic color on the cable off a tab on the shifter, so it doesn't matter which way you turn it as long as it's 90* off from where the shifter tab is so it can slide out. I actually turned the right cable clockwise, and the left cable counterclockwise. I used a big screwdriver, but I can see how a long pair of pliers would be a lot easier.

[QUOTE=andyman97;922825]Here's something helpful...

Take the console out, including the cigarette lighter cover. From underneath, you can get a wrench or channel locks onto the nut of each cable to turn and remove them from the shifter.

[IMG]http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y255/andyman97/IMG_20110916_215645.jpg[IMG]

[QUOTE]

this. i've installed 5 or 6 BCSS's and did this for some of the installs. it might take a little longer but its def less fustrating.
    Green Crew #7

Please donate and support EPHatch.com: Greenie Status, License Plate Frames, Banner & Small 'ephatch.com' Decals

Was your WTS/WTT/WTB closed? Please read the following: link 1 & link 2

This tread was really helpful I got it done in 35 min, keep up the good work guys!

This helped me out back in the day. Its easy now that i did it.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information