Close

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    I'm thinking I really should have done this while i had my center console taken out when i replaced my carpet and seats. Good thing it isn't hard to do. Might actually tackle this on Saturday if the weather is nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue03Si View Post
    I'm thinking I really should have done this while i had my center console taken out when i replaced my carpet and seats. Good thing it isn't hard to do. Might actually tackle this on Saturday if the weather is nice.
    Would have been a great time but it honestly isnt hard. More on the side of annoying.

This would be much easier with the lower center console removed. However, it can be done in about an hour if you've got the right tools, patience and finesse. I broke a tab on the shifter cable(right one) but I got it done without fucking anything functional up.

Note!! :The owners manual says turn counter-clockwise for a reason! It worked much easier when turning the shifter cables this way out of the base. Turn them clockwise after putting them back in. I broke the tab off trying to get the right side cable out because I was trying to turn it clockwise. Live and learn. Can't wait to install another one in the spring on another EP

Also, the clips for the shifter cables don't fit on with the caps from the buddy club shifter. I recommend swapping the caps from each shifter mechanism in order to allow use of all OEM parts.

GREAT DIY! It helped IMMENSELY!

That's weird, I didn't have to swap the plastic male fittings over.

Your metal clips fit back on? Mine had weird pressure on each side, like they were going to pop off. I left them off due to the fact that the shifter cables are really snug on the BCSS. If I run into problems with it, I figure I can swap the plastic pieces then.

Yeah, I used my channel locks to force them all the way in so they would seat fully.
    Last edited by skep18; 02-27-2009 at 11:23 AM.

Weird you guys all had issues like this... Installed mine while doing the DIY and didn't have any issues at all, everything fited like a glove. One think weirds with my BCSS is it came in a "opened" Buddyclub box and I doesn't have the holographic sticker on it. But it still works good after maybe 3 years?

i got mine last nite after i got out of work installed it iin the dark ...so the only problem i had was stupid cable didnt want to come out of place....i was turning counter clockwise n nothing. . .so for people who have that problem if ur jus turning it it wont work....u also have to push outwards . . .if ur doing the left cable u turn it and at the same time you need move it towards the left to move out of place . . .i didnt have a long enough screwdriver so i use my wheel lock lol took me about 1 hour n 45 mins ....best part is i droped the metal pin that goes on the right cable i can see it but i was like nope fuck it im not takeing everything aprat to get it . . .so if anyone has one lol sell it to me asap !!!!! . . .hope this helps

the super BOSS way to do this, remove the cigarette lighter and/or cupholder console piece, use vice grips to grab the bulky piece under the part you turn (this is UNDER the shifter mechanism, you will feel it, it turns with the top piece you're supposed to twist) and twist out to the side that releases the cable (counter clock to the left on left side, counter clock and to the right for the right side) gets the cables released in2 seconds. i have small hands and a long screw driver, couldln't get it to release for my life. vice grips 1, screw drivers 0.

also, i have a feeling the fd/fg short shifter attachment also works on our shifters, and now that i know 100% the levers are just longer, im going to convert my stock shifter into a short shifter.

Awesome write up!

I cant get the shifter cables to budge. I'm going to try again this weekend when I have more time. I think I'm going to take out the console and try it that way.

Quote Originally Posted by brennaneli View Post
    I cant get the shifter cables to budge. I'm going to try again this weekend when I have more time. I think I'm going to take out the console and try it that way.

easiest way take console out and get a flat head and move it that way. just takes patience but it will come out;)

Finally installed the BCSS. Taking the center console made it so much easier to install. I was so excited to get it in, I forgot to put a little grease on the shifter. Should I go back and do this, or is it ok without it?
    Last edited by Phildonis; 03-06-2009 at 09:21 AM.

I just finished putting in my BCSS... i also added the corsport shifter base alumminum bushings. its feels a hell of a lot better through out the shifts. My only complaint right now will be that it feels extremely tight in the middle/neutral (thats what HE said!!). I'll give it some break in time before i start messing with it again. BTW I think the grease did help a little but also made the job messier than it already is i.e. grease in wounds

Quote Originally Posted by Mrfukuto View Post
    I just finished putting in my BCSS... i also added the corsport shifter base alumminum bushings. its feels a hell of a lot better through out the shifts. My only complaint right now will be that it feels extremely tight in the middle/neutral (thats what HE said!!). I'll give it some break in time before i start messing with it again. BTW I think the grease did help a little but also made the job messier than it already is i.e. grease in wounds
    Ever notice if yours is the newest revision of the BCSS? Mine did not come with the shifter extension piece, BC said that was the only change they made, eliminate the extension adapter and makde the shaft full length. Haven't put mine in yet so we'll see about the plastic caps.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information