Close

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    I just installed my BCSS yesterday. Thread helped out great I got a few things to note though. A couple of you guys complained about it being tight moving back to neutral. Such as not centering by itself. People blamed it on the caps. And whatsvtec said his had wierd pressure and couldn't get his in all the way.

To help with the centering thing pick up a can of spray silicone. Spray lightly on the edges of the white caps and move them around with your fingers to help work the silicone in there. Also spray the silicone on the spring to lube it up a little and any moving part besides the white ball that already has grease on it. It will help out a lot with this and make it feel a little smoother. If your having trouble with getting the shift cables over the white caps don't be scared to use channel locks to push them in all the way it doesn't take that much force at all with the channel locks. But get them seated as far in as possible by hand first.

And I did recieve the newest version. There is no extension anymore.

Also...get the corsport aluminum shifter bushings when you do this too. Those combined with this shifter is a night and day difference!

This thread should be renamed "There Will Be Blood" lol. My hands look like they have eczema now. Anyway it took me about 4 hours to do because that small metal crossmember in my car will not unscrew. But its in! And it feels great so far! Can definitely tell the difference. One quick question, does it matter if the cable housings are tightened? I have them in the slots where they're supposed to be and I don't really wanna mess around with them if I don't have to.

I've been letting my BCSS sit on the shelf for way too long. I think I'll try and install it this weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue03Si View Post
    I've been letting my BCSS sit on the shelf for way too long. I think I'll try and install it this weekend.
    Doooeeeetttt

Quote Originally Posted by boricua4life View Post
    Doooeeeetttt
    Done it!!

A little stiff and like others said centering isn't too good. I greased the little white bushings as well as the return spring. So I think it just needs to work in a little more, but its a pita to drive with out the auto centering. Oh, and no blood was spilled on this install. WOOHOO.
    Last edited by Blue03Si; 03-02-2013 at 03:40 PM.

Thanks for the DIY, it's good to know going into it that I did indeed need THAT much force to remove the cables from the base, I bent 1 screw driver in the process, LOL, the one on the right popped out with ease though.

After doing the install and comparing the stock vs BCSS, don't feel as confident as I was before that the BCSS is that much better than the NEUSPEED mod.

Quote Originally Posted by Powers View Post
    I just installed my BCSS yesterday. Thread helped out great I got a few things to note though. A couple of you guys complained about it being tight moving back to neutral. Such as not centering by itself. People blamed it on the caps. And whatsvtec said his had wierd pressure and couldn't get his in all the way.

To help with the centering thing pick up a can of spray silicone. Spray lightly on the edges of the white caps and move them around with your fingers to help work the silicone in there. Also spray the silicone on the spring to lube it up a little and any moving part besides the white ball that already has grease on it. It will help out a lot with this and make it feel a little smoother. If your having trouble with getting the shift cables over the white caps don't be scared to use channel locks to push them in all the way it doesn't take that much force at all with the channel locks. But get them seated as far in as possible by hand first.

And I did recieve the newest version. There is no extension anymore.

Also...get the corsport aluminum shifter bushings when you do this too. Those combined with this shifter is a night and day difference!

Where do the shifter base bushings go?

How To: Install Buddy Club Short Shifter (BCSS)

Those bushings go where the rubber bushings are the ones on the 4 bolts.

how do you swap out the stock honda caps on the shifter cable arms?

I am also having an issue with centering. How do you get the stock white caps off of the stock shifter and how do you get the white caps off of the BCSS?
    Last edited by Eddie Murphy; 05-22-2013 at 06:33 PM.

I also read in another post: http://www.ephatch.com/forum/showthr...-shifter/page4
    That MTEC Race shifter mechanism springs make your shifter stay in the centered-Neutral position a lot better than the OEM springs. That the strength of the springs return your shifter back to the center position.

Thanks for the How-To. It helped a lot. But getting those damn shifter cables unlocked was a b****!
    Last edited by Tragedy; 05-07-2009 at 08:50 AM.

Could some of you guys add how you handled the shift boot issue? I assume you didn't all buy the TWM one he mentioned.

so im in the middle of this install at this very momment and um im kinda stuck at the part where i removed my dam caps off of the shifter... since the one i bought used didnt come with them... so how tf do i get them onto the shifter? any ideas? stuff is irritating lmao

nvm after 5 minutes i got it in! if anyone wants to know an easy way to get get the white caps back on is grab some needle nose pliers put the cap all the way to the edge of the nub so it cant move then just pinch down on it with the pliers and it should pop right in! well thats how i did it xD

ALSO! been driving the car around all day! installed ADD shifter bushings and put on my old weighted shift knob. It feels quite amazing! i gotta say the bcss was well worth it :D one of my favorite mods so far for sure!
    Last edited by RoyVegasPinoy; 05-11-2009 at 02:51 PM.

Good write up, will be using it.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread Information