Close

Thread: Wheels black

Wheels black

I think im going to get my rims powder coated black but im not sure what black would look good.I have a silver 05 ep with blacked out windows all around and a cf mugen wing.Even though ive done very little to my cosmetics for some reason the car looks so much different than other ep3s i see.Anyway what type of black would look best?Flat,gloss,or even eggshell?

Registered User mitchlikesbikes's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hothatch View Post
    I think im going to get my rims powder coated black but im not sure what black would look good.I have a silver 05 ep with blacked out windows all around and a cf mugen wing.Even though ive done very little to my cosmetics for some reason the car looks so much different than other ep3s i see.Anyway what type of black would look best?Flat,gloss,or even eggshell?
    gloss black FTW. unless you don't take care of your wheels. if that's the case just go flat black cause they basically look the same no matter how dirty they get haha

Quote Originally Posted by mitchlikesbikes View Post
    gloss black FTW. unless you don't take care of your wheels. if that's the case just go flat black cause they basically look the same no matter how dirty they get haha
    Id go with a high gloss black. Flat black always loooks cheap and spray painted to me. My buddy jus got the wheels on his 08 si 4 door done in a black with multicolored metallic flakes. Loooks sick because you only notice the flake up close.

Diamond black ftmfw

Registered User mitchlikesbikes's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tortoise View Post
    Id go with a high gloss black. Flat black always loooks cheap and spray painted to me. My buddy jus got the wheels on his 08 si 4 door done in a black with multicolored metallic flakes. Loooks sick because you only notice the flake up close.
    yeah that's what i meant like they look cheap and dirty fresh from the powdercoater. that multicolored flake thing sounds badass though.

GLOSS BLACK:)

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowEP3 View Post
    Diamond black ftmfw

AkA EX FULL-RACE EP3

Quote Originally Posted by hothatch View Post
    Personally id opt for gunmetal. See photo below for reference.

Since you want black, consider satin black. See photo below for reference:

whats the best price you guys have seen for powder coating?Should i llook locally or are there some great online places to send them?

I've heard its about 60 per wheel

Thanks so much for the info and pics.So far i really dig the satin black,its got the best of both worlds alittle flat alittle glossy.I agree flat looks dirty but i think shiny black also looks cheap..Gunmetal is nice but its really just a glorified dark grey and i already have the damn grey stockers that im so sick of.

Are you doing this to your stock rims? either way, around 200-250 seems to be the general average for a set to get coated. At that price you might be able to buy a set of used rotas off craigslist (or god-forbid b20vtec.com) . I purchased 15" rota circuits that were mint for 275 off there. (just another suggestions. Good luck no matter what root you take, SSM ftw:)

go gloss black

I just did my SI stockers satin black. They look trophy.

Thread Information