Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    He's tuned my car twice 1nce in 06 and again last year after exhaust and aem wide band on my request i have turbo 230hp 210tq on stock internals. getting nervous would be natural and i have never heard that rumor

He tuned RHCP0801's k24a2, stock internals and all, and pulled 225/190 out if it.

No over revving and exploding.

Not that that fag RHCP0801 ever takes that bish to redline anyway

when are we going to see the dyno #'s?

probably around 210 to the wheels.

big block turbo club superchargedk20's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tortoise View Post
    Ive heard he over-revs and pops a lot of stock motors so im a little nervous.
    yea he does. Two of my freinds got his K's blown after he tuned em. A supercharged a2 and a Turbo a2. And theres a HUGE horror story of a guy on here that went to yosolo on his k20a3 and they blew his up too. I hope its still here Ill link it to you. I wouldnt go there if i was you

This is exactly why i tune someone elses car on the safe side. The last thing i wanna hear is a text or phone call letting me know my boy blew his shit up...

To me, if i plunk down X amount of scratch for a tune... it should be right and worth every penny. If someone does it for free to help you out, you shouldnt be unhappy that you were 15whp/10wtq short when you FINALLY get professionally dyno tuned. I personally have a hard time paying someone else to do something for me that i am capable of learning to do. So there is the issue... if you are willing to part with your $ for someone else to do the work for you... is it really fair to gripe about 'shit happens'?

I say this only because the guy may have gotten better, or maybe there was a problem with the dyno that has been resolved. Not everyone is born with the ability to do things right the first time out. So that means the responsibility rests on the shoulders of the person forking out the cash for services rendered... you took the chance instead of doing it right yourself.

IE: If you hit the drive thru and buy a #1 at McD's and the fries are cold... do you whip back around for a complaint and fresh fries... only to enjoy a cold sandwich and watered down drink? Most people dont... and while i understand a #1 isnt as expensive as a dyno tune, realize you are enjoying someone elses salty lack of appreciation for detail. Just remember to file a complaint by phone with the King of Fries, and hope that the next time you are too lazy to make a freekin ham sandwich, your fries will be much better.

Yes i speak from experience. I got taken for $750 for a 'tune' by a reputable shop in VA. It was my motivation to learn to tune my own shit...

any updates on this?

am very interested in getting any type of update from the op to this thread

me too... Im hoping everything worked out for em

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information