Close

Page 20 of 32 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast
    I drove it, got an oil change (Motul Eco-Energy 5W30 with a Bosch filter), put some gas in it, enjoyed the nice +15c day we had. Tomorrow, going to stealership to look for parts to fix my steering rack and some SIR emblems for fellow hatchers, then head off to my first day of my new job :D

Washed the EP today

Got it aligned yesterday! Gonna give it a full wash, clay and wax today to get the rubber dust off the car.

Drove it to school, and in about 20 min gonna go drive out to a sports shop and buy me a slackline, then back to school for the rest of the day.

AKA Purple94coupe Euro-Yellow-Ep3's Avatar
    Just did a full brake job. I went to autozone picked up all 4 rotors and ceramic c-max pads for $275. Next i want ss brake lines.

I changed my oil yesterday since the car had been sitting for about 6 months.

I'm no noob to doing my own oil changes. I have always done all of them on my 4 cars, but I had the worst time getting my filter off ever. It reminded me why the oil filter location in that car is terrible. I tried channel locks, gloves, no gloves, everything. I was going to put a screwdriver through it, but I couldn't even get it into the filter because there is so much shit going on in that area.

Finally, with enough cursing and force, it moved. But seriously, it took me like a half hour. For something so stupid, it was pretty aggravating.

But, today the car is running.... and smoking. Time to rebuild that turbo.

cleaned up the rear!!!!

Retrofit a ridgeline key for my EP working next door to Honda parts has its perks!!

P.S. Key works perfect....I love it!!!
    Last edited by tht1guy; 03-26-2012 at 11:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by gtolio View Post
    I changed my oil yesterday since the car had been sitting for about 6 months.

I'm no noob to doing my own oil changes. I have always done all of them on my 4 cars, but I had the worst time getting my filter off ever. It reminded me why the oil filter location in that car is terrible. I tried channel locks, gloves, no gloves, everything. I was going to put a screwdriver through it, but I couldn't even get it into the filter because there is so much shit going on in that area.

Finally, with enough cursing and force, it moved. But seriously, it took me like a half hour. For something so stupid, it was pretty aggravating.

But, today the car is running.... and smoking. Time to rebuild that turbo.
    I actually invented my own filter wrench just for that. I have a prototype and everything. It works perfect. Can't afford to patent it right now. One of the best ideas I've ever had.

Quote Originally Posted by sleepy ep3 View Post
    I actually invented my own filter wrench just for that. I have a prototype and everything. It works perfect. Can't afford to patent it right now. One of the best ideas I've ever had.
    dude you can buy a socket filter adapter that fits perfect at autozone/advance

Registered User mitchlikesbikes's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sippyyy View Post
    dude you can buy a socket filter adapter that fits perfect at autozone/advance
    those are shitty for Frams cause they have the rubber grip coating. if you don't use Fram they're good though.

Haven't done anything to my EP in a year since I'm deployed. Just been compiling parts for a build up that will be begin next month.

Quote Originally Posted by mitchlikesbikes View Post
    those are shitty for Frams cause they have the rubber grip coating. if you don't use Fram they're good though.
    The Frams are easy to get off in the first place though because of that. I wish other manufacturers would do that. I just don't want to run a shitty Fram on the EP.

Mobil1 they must use a teflon coating or something because they are slippery as hell. lol

Quote Originally Posted by gtolio View Post
    The Frams are easy to get off in the first place though because of that. I wish other manufacturers would do that. I just don't want to run a shitty Fram on the EP.

Mobil1 they must use a teflon coating or something because they are slippery as hell. lol
    The honda ones I use all the time are no better, slippery but I would rather run this over any other one... short of those green hamp ones.
    To stay on topic:
    I took my EP into my friend at the local honda dealer for some quick diag to try and get my vtec back, hopefully this solenoid/pressure sensor I am buying will fix my non vtec limp mode issue.

Quote Originally Posted by tht1guy View Post
    Retrofit a ridgeline for my EP working next door to Honda parts has its perks!!

P.S. Key works perfect....I love it!!!

im assuming your talking about th key??

Page 20 of 32 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast

Thread Information