Close

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    napapacoda
    Wow, some people are getting really good prices! Anychance we could make this a sticky for a little while so more people can share their buying experience and the price they got their EP for? I am still in shock that anyone can get the car for 14,500, I sure wish that deal came around the North East.

ephatch member
    AND??? it still does not add up since those ppl are saying 14.5k OTD, which means tax license, fees ... and in IL just the tax will cost ya close to 1k ...

those advertised prices do not include any of those..

BTW- how much did it cost u total out the door?

Originally posted by K20A3
    I'm calling you on your BS comment ZENSUIT.

Check out the advertisement at Community Honda in Chicago. Price for 2002 is $14,995 on new 2002. Not demos. Other dealers in Chicago have sold for as low as $14,595. The dealer that was at $14,595 is sold out of 2002.
    For 2003 the lowest advertised pricing in Chicago has been $16,795.

Community had about 10 2002 Si when I purchased mine. The plastic was still on the car.

Si $14,995
    Last edited by Silver7; 12-27-2002 at 04:13 PM.

napapacoda
    Originally posted by Silver7
    AND??? it still does not add up since those ppl are saying 14.5k OTD, which means tax license, fees ... and in IL just the tax will cost ya close to 1k ...

those advertised prices do not include any of those..

BTW- how much did it cost u total out the door?

Very true. Tax where I am is about $900 if I could even buy the car at 14,500, not to mention DMV is going to run $100 easily and dealers love to add in a documentation or conveyance fee. Whoever can get 14,500 out the door including tax, please let me know the dealership, I need to give the sales manager a call to see for myself. Hell, if I can get one that cheap including tax, I'd travel a good distance and just drive it home.

Originally posted by SoBibbSi

Lanier Honda at the Mall of Georgia
    Drove by there last week and they had 2 blue EPs and about 1 of all the other colors out front. Ed Voyles in Marietta has about 10+ EPs (3 blue) sitting out front!

BTW, 15k is an awesome deal...makes me sick to see what they are going for now. I'll wait till the end of the year clearance sale next time!
    Last edited by HondaMan; 12-27-2002 at 07:04 PM.

ephatch member
    OMG!!! I SOOOO WISH i was living in Georgia!!! i checked out lanier hodna dealer.. and guess what they have besides amazing civic price....
    FREE TIRES & FREE OIL CHANGES FOR LIFE
    ahh.. my stupid question has been answered. :P

Last edited by Silver7; 12-27-2002 at 08:21 PM.

K20A3
    Yo Silver

You have to pay sales tax and title fees for the state you live in. If you buy out of state you do not pay tax when you buy the vehicle but you pay the sales tax when you register the vehicle.

For accurate price comparisions it is important to compare the sales price of the vehicle. Out the Door prices can not be fairly compared.

Some states have laws that limit document fees. IL limits them to around $50. I just purchased a truck in Georgia and the doc fees were nearly $400.

To get an idea of sales prices post

selling price of vehicle + doc fee and people in individual states can figure out their tax and title fees.

picture me rollin - 2pac toe knee's Avatar
    I got my car at David McDavid Honda for 22,000 drive out. I got the car right when it came out. I kinda wished I should have waited for the cheaper price.

picture me rollin - 2pac toe knee's Avatar
    Oh yeah, mY brother (fASTBACK) he got his at Gillman honda for the 21,400. I had to pay alittle extra because they had to ship my color in. All they had were the goldish color which is ugly IMO.

ephatch member
    ok i think all the dealers are desperate right now...
    anyways.

I called Community Honda and just asked for SI for 15k. at first he didnt want to?... so i politely ended conversation . (at that point I didnt want to deal with them anymore.. pretty bad sales practice...).
    oh well, onto th enext dealer.. or so i thought..

I got a call (damn those caller ID!!!).. from them...
    he appologized about his behavior.. and said he woul dlike to make a deal with me..

he started from ...
    54.44 (documant fee)
    7.75% (cook county, IL tax )
    15 (non refundable fee)
    143(license)

and gave me 16370.29 OTD price.
    I think this is great, ? it is about an hour drive from my home however... So before I go, ill try to ask them for quote on paper or something to make sure they dont pull anything funny .. like bait & switch?

so what do u guys think?

I hate it when some thing u want(SI) is cheaper than something u need(4dr sedan).... and it has more features.. sigh

When I got mine for $14775 that was everything included, tax, title, tag, and destination fees

Originally posted by Silver7

he started from ...
    54.44 (documant fee)
    7.75% (cook county, IL tax )
    15 (non refundable fee)
    143(license)

and gave me 16370.29 OTD price.
    I think this is great, ?
    Yes, those charges are normal, and it's a good price, IMHO. :)

Go get it.

Originally posted by SoBibbSi
    When I got mine for $14775 that was everything included, tax, title, tag, and destination fees
    That's the best (insane) deal I've seen yet & I've been here awhile!!! You lucky dog! ;) :p ;)

Yeah, I know the owner of the dealer so i got the hookup ;)

I_VTEC
    HondaMan: and that's with free tires and oil changes! I know if you buy one of their pre-mod'd Si's, you get the larger tires free for life! I would just leave the parking lot, melt the tires all the way down, and be like "I need new tires" and you have like 23 miles on the car. :D

Originally posted by I_VTEC
    HondaMan: and that's with free tires and oil changes! I know if you buy one of their pre-mod'd Si's, you get the larger tires free for life! I would just leave the parking lot, melt the tires all the way down, and be like "I need new tires" and you have like 23 miles on the car. :D
    Must be nice! I wish I had waited I got my EP there, but I didn't think I would be back here so soon (unforseen job stuff). O well, just the way it goes sometimes... :(

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information