Close

04-05 oem sidesirts on 02-03

I bought a set of 04-05 skirts for my 03. I was wondering about what methods of mounting worked best for those that have done this. 3m Double sided tape, the adhesive clips from honda, velcro, (drilling your own holes is not going to be an option)? maybe something im not thinking of? also im pretty sure i have to cut off the parts holding the clips? thanks for any input!

I saw a local guy with drilled holes, didn't come out great though when the hole wore out. I'd get some really heavy duty velcro if I were you. The kind that looks the same plastic on both sides. I think the "felt" style would wear out and you might lose a skirt on the highway

They sell side molding adhesive at any auto parts store, you could go that route

Quote Originally Posted by EPo3Hatch View Post
    I bought a set of 04-05 skirts for my 03. I was wondering about what methods of mounting worked best for those that have done this. 3m Double sided tape, the adhesive clips from honda, velcro, (drilling your own holes is not going to be an option)? maybe something im not thinking of? also im pretty sure i have to cut off the parts holding the clips? thanks for any input!
    I would think the best method would be to drill holes since thats the proper way to secure em due to their original design however I dont doubt 3M exterior double sided tape...should suffice just fine. As for the parts holding the clips...yeah might have to snip them off since they will be in the way. I have an 04-05 EP3 and tried taking off the sideskirts to go skirtless...then saw the holes and nearly fainted. Now im glad the holes are there and its secured the way it is. I know the 02-03s dont have the holes so most people just use double sided tap and or go the drllling route. Im all for drilling as long as its done right.

damn and i thought they just bolted up :(

Cool thanks for the info

if anybody have done this please provide some pictures cuz i want to put on my sideskirts too. thanks guys ....

just use the adhesive clips from honda. they're getting harder to get a hold of now but they're worth every penny. i kept having issues with my sideskirts staying flush with the side of my car when i just used 3m double sided tape even with adhesion promotor.
    Green Crew #7

Please donate and support EPHatch.com: Greenie Status, License Plate Frames, Banner & Small 'ephatch.com' Decals

Was your WTS/WTT/WTB closed? Please read the following: link 1 & link 2

Quote Originally Posted by usedep3 View Post
    just use the adhesive clips from honda. they're getting harder to get a hold of now but they're worth every penny. i kept having issues with my sideskirts staying flush with the side of my car when i just used 3m double sided tape even with adhesion promotor.
    bump for part #?

Use the Honda Sticky Clips. That's what I used for my CTR sides on my 02. They have been on for almost a year now with no issues.

I believe this is the part number.

Part #: 91513-S5S-E01

yup, that's it. honda part number 91513-S5S-E01

http://www.hondapartscheap.com/south...y64=1&qty66=22

you'll need about 22 of them (18 on bottom, 4 on top). msrp is $6.43 a pop. that's just over $121 for clips...

it doesnt help that they are almost always on back order. it took be about 3 weeks to get my first set of 4. second time around i ordered 8 just to have spares, it took a little over a month.

Good luck mang
    Green Crew #7

Please donate and support EPHatch.com: Greenie Status, License Plate Frames, Banner & Small 'ephatch.com' Decals

Was your WTS/WTT/WTB closed? Please read the following: link 1 & link 2

Thread Information