Close

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    cheers mcLovin

Clean ass engine bay and how low are u .. considering 8.5s on my 2 inch drop

Quote Originally Posted by DP420 View Post
    Clean ass engine bay and how low are u .. considering 8.5s on my 2 inch drop
    cheers man !!!
    im on a 2inch drop atm
    i was lower on my old works rims ,but the buddyclubs are a evo offset so i had 2 raise it a little as it rubbed the outer wheel arch at the rear !!!

Just a small update of a few modds ive done over the last few weeks guys!!!!!

I striped out my headliner an dyed it black ,sprayed the pillar trims black,sprayed the sunvisors black,sprayed rear grab handles black an also the trims around the interior lights

I also wrapped my dash center console im 3M carbon vynil an fitted a AMS gearknob !!

Exterior window frame surround was also wrapped in 3M carbon

ive also had my n.o.s bottle sprayed an my Cusco oil catch can painted (still to be fitted)

Hell yeaaahhhhhhh

One reply in 9 hours?
    That looks GREAT man!!!

What kind of paint and how do you think it's gonna hold up?

From the pic of your map lights, I just noticed that you don't have a sunroof!

I was gonna re-wrap my headliner, but now I think I'm gonna die it. What kind of die did you use and would you recommend it? Any plans on painting the rest of the seatbelt buckle things? Maybe brush the same paying on..

Quote Originally Posted by nmysiismyn View Post
    From the pic of your map lights, I just noticed that you don't have a sunroof!

I was gonna re-wrap my headliner, but now I think I'm gonna die it. What kind of die did you use and would you recommend it? Any plans on painting the rest of the seatbelt buckle things? Maybe brush the same paying on..
    The die is a every day carpet die man ive used it in lots of my cars as i like the dark look inside an it leaves a perfect finish every time an its easy to use !!
    yeah i will sort the seat belt buckle out at a later date, i just forgot to do it lol
    an yeah no sunroof needed when u live in Ireland man wee get very little sunshine lol

Quote Originally Posted by barrywhite View Post
    The die is a every day carpet die man ive used it in lots of my cars as i like the dark look inside an it leaves a perfect finish every time an its easy to use !!
    yeah i will sort the seat belt buckle out at a later date, i just forgot to do it lol
    an yeah no sunroof needed when u live in Ireland man wee get very little sunshine lol
    The dye's way cheaper, so I'm gonna go that route. I'm sure it'll be easier AND look better than re-wrapping it too. I saw someone else leave the buckle part like you did, so I have to imagine that it's not gonna be very easy to get it all black.

I live in sunny Southern California. I hardly use my sunroof and I love how it looks without it, so I kinda wish I didn't have one. Oh well...

I totally forgot about you bro. I'm sorry. I'll hit up the Kraftwerks crew soon. Please nag me if I lag on you again.

EDIT: What kind of paint did you use all around and how do you think it's gonna hold up? The paint I used feels like it's almost unscratchable. lol

no worries buddy lol
    the paint used was upol satin black an i used a plastic primer aswell it seems very durable ,but its only temp as ive ordered some black alcantara to trim them instead :)
    not sure if theres many headliners done like this?? not in ireland any way lol

Well guys after a long time thinking about it ive decided to make a start on my interior as after three years of ownership im starting to get bored with the way things look,so yesterday I bought a set of uk facelift seats witch came out of a 2005 and are in mint condition(black with red centers)
    Ive also decided to remove my rear seats an replace them with a rear cage !!
    I found a company in the uk today who are going to supply me a cage but its going to be 4weeks before I see it witch is a pain in the ass , so i came up with the idear of getting the inside of the car painted in satin silver whilst im wating on the cage arriving

so plans for the interior project are as follows
    strip out rear seats
    fill all spot welds
    smooth boot as much as possible
    repaint inside satin silver
    fit red jdm carpet (if i can get my hands on 1 lol)
    fit 2005 uk front seats
    mount n.o.s bottle were rear seat base is
    an fit omp wrc dished wheel an quick release boss

work begins tonite an im planning 5weeks till its completed, will post plenty of update pics aswell
    any other ideas welcome guys!!!!

Started tonite to remove rear seats and some of the trims aswell

Heys guys got a few hours free this week so made some progress on the interior build !!
    Firstly I rubbed down some of the rear interior plastics and got my bro to apply some build up primer to them In our bodyshop they will have a smooth finish an will be finished in subaru Mica black (as will the rear door cards)
    I also cleaned up all the spot welds and aplied some filled to them
    Hears a few snaps of the progress

SOoOooo diggin' it!

EDIT: Finally got around to messaging OJR at Kraftwerks.. Sorry for lagging!
    Last edited by nmysiismyn; 06-25-2011 at 08:40 PM.

cheers man its coming along well ,if everything goes to plan id like to have all the trims ready for paint and the inside in primer by the end of the week ,cant wait for the cage 2 arrive now it should be big pimping lol

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information