Close

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Well the k20a bit the bullet around the end of October. Hydrolocked it, it sucks cause ive ran the piss out of it for years and i loose it to a puddle. Just got it back on the road to a couple months ago after blowing out 2nd gear, now this ish happens.

So i picked up a k24a2 and am going to put my head and jrsc on it. The R is all dissasembled just waiting on new valves and springs to come in so i can bolt it to the 2.4.

Ive been doing some reasearch on which headgasket to use and have heard people using the k20 and the k24 gasket, I havent pulled the head off the k24a2 yet to compare for my own opionionon which one to use. Once i do ill be ordering all the gaskets i need, new tct and crv mount.

So new setup is looking like....
    k24 tsx block
    k20a head, cams, new valves and springs
    JRSC w/ 3.8 sc pulley
    RC 650s
    K20 oil cooler and possibly oil pump and pan too

Does anyone know off hand if the oil pump fits before i drop the pan off it.. Tomorrow ill post some pics of progress and the destruction from the water....... Hoping to have it all finished before the new year

Quote Originally Posted by K20A EP3 View Post
    Well the k20a bit the bullet around the end of October. Hydrolocked it, it sucks cause ive ran the piss out of it for years and i loose it to a puddle. Just got it back on the road to a couple months ago after blowing out 2nd gear, now this ish happens.

So i picked up a k24a2 and am going to put my head and jrsc on it. The R is all dissasembled just waiting on new valves and springs to come in so i can bolt it to the 2.4.

Ive been doing some reasearch on which headgasket to use and have heard people using the k20 and the k24 gasket, I havent pulled the head off the k24a2 yet to compare for my own opionionon which one to use. Once i do ill be ordering all the gaskets i need, new tct and crv mount.

So new setup is looking like....
    k24 tsx block
    k20a head, cams, new valves and springs
    JRSC w/ 3.8 sc pulley
    RC 650s
    K20 oil cooler and possibly oil pump and pan too

Does anyone know off hand if the oil pump fits before i drop the pan off it.. Tomorrow ill post some pics of progress and the destruction from the water....... Hoping to have it all finished before the new year
    i have no info to help you with.

sounds like a nice lil set up your buidling. what numbers can you or will you expect from this set up ?

stratton.

He will be well over 300whp/270wtq.

Chris... i hope she scares the piss outta ya. LOL

I'll trade you p2r crv mount for the prc intake manifold!!

I already have the PRC off of his swap. : P

I wish he still had his JDM TB... id scoop that in a heartbeat.
    Last edited by hondero69; 03-03-2009 at 03:49 PM.

Ugh I hate you!!!!! Well either way I have a black brand new p2r that I no longer need since I'm staying with 2.0 litre. I've been meaning to start a FS thread but procrastination is a hell of a word.

yeah i sold the tb with the a3 way back when. the only diffrence was no cruise control. I was sure to measure before i let it go. they were the same so i said f it keeping my cruise. Forgot to mention eariler that i sent my tb and sc inlet off to maxbore a couple days ago too.... Cant wait for it to be finished.

Dave i checked the tracking number its still inroute in md should be here in a couple days...

Saturday morning got a call from my boss, we have been so slow at the shop i got layed off since im labor rate and he wants his salary people to take care of everything. Kinda sucks cause its so close to christmas but ill have time to finish the ep. Have a job lined up should start around the new year. Will be working out of town alot so the honda will most likely be sitting alot except for weekends.

I have a bunch of extra parts and will be making a for sale thread tomorrow that will hopefully hold me over until my new job starts........

Sorry bout that Chris. I dont have a legit UPS store here. USPS is my best option but they take FOREVER sometimes. I have to goto a third party shipper to do UPS and they cost substantially more because of it.

It sucks about the job bro. Hopefully the new one will be better for ya. At least you got some free time to wrench on the EP tho! Oh... youre gettin rid of that CAI right? RIGHT?? LOL

And yes... im awake this flippin early. LOL

Someone had their coffee. A bit energetic, are we??

tsx headgasket set ordered
    valves seated in the head waiting on the seals then the springs are going in
    waiting for the sc inlet and tb to come back from maxbore
    ARP Headstuds ordered
    k20 oil pump mouted on the 2.4

Stay tuned for progress..................

Quote Originally Posted by K20A EP3 View Post
    tsx headgasket set ordered
    valves seated in the head waiting on the seals then the springs are going in
    waiting for the sc inlet and tb to come back from maxbore
    ARP Headstuds ordered
    k20 oil pump mouted on the 2.4

Stay tuned for progress..................

looks good.

Registered User mitchlikesbikes's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ep32424 View Post
    looks good.
    Last edited by mitchlikesbikes; 12-18-2011 at 03:59 PM.

LOL!

Whaddap bawse?? Hows the build comin?

Waiting on fucking parts smh once they arrive itll come together pretty quick.

But here are some pics

When the rod snapped in #1 cylinder

The head before i pulled it off, Clean and in Great shape

The crew out there with me! Doing it old school big ass tripod and a chainfall to pull and replace Dont hate it works and keeps me from jamming my uncles garage up. Ill get more pics up of the set up soon lol

Wounded!

Pulled the head off the k24a2

Oil pump off the tsx block holding mine up showing where it needs to be notched to sit flush

The little orfice that needs to be removed and hole plugged so you dont loose oil pressure with the a2 pump im using. Ill get some more pics up showing where it came from

My head all pulled apart

STAY TUNED SCALLYWAGS!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information