Close

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Velcro.

you get a peice of sheet metal or something that is durable for weathered conditions( about a foot in lenth, drill two holes in it the same distance as your stock plate holes, get window stripping ( one side is dry foam the other side is very sticky and durable, found at any depot store) this is to protect the bumper from being scratched. you will put this on the back edges of your plate, and run a bolt through your plate holes and into the made up bracket while its on the inside of your bumper, and tighten it down. This is hard to explain but i did it and it was simple. looks great and doesnt effect the bumper at all.

Quote Originally Posted by 27rocks View Post
    ^^^ this + = WIN!!
    you sir, think outside the box

either that..or magnets

I found a piece of metal like this and cut it about a foot long... made it into a bracket.

Wrapped in duck tape and drilled holes to fit the liscense plate holes.

Lined the license plate with foam tape... I think it is used for lining windows. Found it in Lowe's

Then I placed the bracket that I made on the inner side of the bumper and matched the holes to the holes on the JDM bumper.

Once the holes were matched up, I then screwed the liscense plate on the front and the foam tape works nicely bc it keeps the bumper from getting scratched.

The final product

The holes BESIDES the ones that already come on the jdm bumper in the pics were there previous to me getting the bumper, just an fyi for ppl lookin at the pics and thinking i did that shit when i was putting mine on. they werent used at all

I spy a blonde

That's basically what I was saying. We're obviously geniuses

the small holes are original...you're supposed to use a slide on clip for the jdm plates that you put into the big hole and you bolt through the small ones into the clip...

thats ghetto because you're sandwiching it instead of locating it to a specific spot located hole...an adapter bracket is a much more appropriate solution, but yours works yes...genius, no.
    my ep is white...

- We can talk numbers all you want, but the bullshit stops when the flag drops...

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowEP3 View Post
    you sir, think outside the box

either that..or magnets
    Aluminum magnets??

-Rob

Quote Originally Posted by EPo3Hatch View Post

I found a piece of metal like this and cut it about a foot long... made it into a bracket.

Once the holes were matched up, I then screwed the liscense plate on the front and the foam tape works nicely bc it keeps the bumper from getting scratched.

WOAH those are some really big inner holes.

Quote Originally Posted by RedSiBaron View Post
    the small holes are original...you're supposed to use a slide on clip for the jdm plates that you put into the big hole and you bolt through the small ones into the clip...

thats ghetto because you're sandwiching it instead of locating it to a specific spot located hole...an adapter bracket is a much more appropriate solution, but yours works yes...genius, no.
    the bumper came with those little holes beside the big holes, and had the slide on clips, and nomatter how you adjusted the plate with the clips the holes and clips were still too far apart. n my ish looks great and protects the bumper....to each his own i guess. Genius

Oh I get what you're saying now. Thought you meant the small holes were there for the american license plate. Good luck Jukka with whatever you decide!

the bumper came with those little holes beside the big holes, and had the slide on clips, and nomatter how you adjusted the plate with the clips the holes and clips were still too far apart. n my ish looks great and protects the bumper....to each his own i guess. Genius
    i mean its a solution, and a clever one, but genius no, too much slop...if you havnt noticed im being a stickler and you need to not worry about it...i have machining to do things perfect, im not expecting everyone to good solution
    Last edited by superchargedk20; 01-27-2009 at 11:33 PM.
    my ep is white...

- We can talk numbers all you want, but the bullshit stops when the flag drops...

i mean its a solution, and a clever one, but genius no, too much slop...if you havnt noticed im being a stickler and you need to not worry about it...i have machining to do things perfect, im not expecting everyone to good solution
    my ep is white...

Quote Originally Posted by 02TWSI View Post
    WOAH those are some really big inner holes.
    That's how the 02/03 comes. Its weird lol

another crazy option ive come up with is get a exact size replica of your plate on vinyl so you can literally stick it to your bumper wherever it looks good...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information