Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

finally installed my jrsc but engine knocks

so i finally installed my jrsc and i uploaded a base tune and im running 650cc, 3.8 pulley, i/h/e. my motor is stock and has 110k and it runs fine on normal driving but when i try to hit boost my engine starts knocking bad. im a noob when it come to jrsc but did anyone ever ran into this problem? or should i just wait for my tune.

Which base map did you upload?

I'm looking at the list of calibrations supplied with Kpro and I don't see any that match your setup.

Are you sure you didn't upload the JRSC tune for the K20A2?

Also, DO NOT drive the car any further. If you HEARD the knocks then you could have done some serious damage to your engine.

Get it towed to your tuner after having it thoroughly inspected to see if it is even okay to tune it after what happened.
    Last edited by USAF EP3; 05-25-2011 at 01:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by USAF EP3 View Post
    Which base map did you upload?

I'm looking at the list of calibrations supplied with Kpro and I don't see any that match your setup.

Are you sure you didn't upload the tune for the K20A2?

Also, DO NOT drive the car any further. If you HEARD the knocks then you could have done some serious damage to your engine.

Get it towed to your tuner after having it thoroughly inspected to see if it is even okay to tune it after what happened.
    yeh im sure i used it for a k20a3. im using my friends tune with almost the same setup at mine but i change out the 440cc to 650cc. im not hearing knocking but i set it where the CEL flashes when my engine knocks. i havent drove the car ever since.
    Last edited by phister; 02-17-2009 at 05:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by willy_akino View Post
    yeh im sure i used it for a k20a3. im using my friends tune with almost the same setup at mine but i change out the 440cc to 650cc. im not hearing knocking but i set it where the CEL flashes when my engine knocks. i havent drove the car ever since.
    omg please dont do that lol upload the JRSC Race kit KAL and change your injector parameter and limp it to a dyno. Those KAL's are tuned with duty cycles in mind for 440's, not 650's. when you change the injector options im not sure if kpro compensates for the difference. get that thing tuned ASAP

Quote Originally Posted by 04EP3Hatch View Post
    omg please dont do that lol upload the JRSC Race kit KAL and change your injector parameter and limp it to a dyno. Those KAL's are tuned with duty cycles in mind for 440's, not 650's. when you change the injector options im not sure if kpro compensates for the difference. get that thing tuned ASAP
    ^^ That. Just because you changed the injectors from 440s to 650s does not mean that it will magically change all the fuel trim parameters as well. I agree, load the JRSC Race Kit .kal for the K20A3, and then limp it to the tuner before you blow it up!...lol.

lol good thing you didnt follow my advice!

Silly willy! Haha

It could be phantom knock because so much hot air is being blown in. Unless you actually hear pinging you SHOULD be ok. But be precautious, have it towed to a tuner

thx alot everyone! yeh the car has been sitting in my garage ever since. i have to wait till first week of june to get my car tuned -.- but much thanks from all u guys. i hope i get my numbers up soon

Did u hook up the iacv connector under the throttle body? I forgot to hook mine up when I installed my jrsc and it felt like horrible knock when I drove.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

yeh i hook it up. i triple checked everything before i start it up

you should upload the kal i sent you for now. cant wait for both our tune get done hehehe. =D
    Last edited by 02CivicSI-VTEC; 05-25-2011 at 08:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 02CivicSI-VTEC View Post
    you should upload the kal i sent you for now. cant wait for both our tune get done hehehe. =D
    i dont even wanna drive it lol suck we gotta wait till 1st week of june for our tunes

just found out one of my bolts stripped the tread on the inside of the block which is causing the leak. any solutions?

just found out one of my bolts stripped the tread on the inside of the block which is causing the leak. any solutions?
    Did u stripped it from over tighten last night?

I don't know why you guys don't hit me up. I local for Christ sake. If you stripped the head, you over-torqued. That bolt torques to 16ft lbs. The only hope to fix the head is heli-coil, or have it re-tapped to a larger bolt size.
    Good luck.
    Christian

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information