Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: White interior

Quote Originally Posted by whatsvtec View Post
    Suede would be dope! Mine are probably gonna stay shit spray paint since I can't find any thing to properly wrap the pillars in suede... just the headliner
    I want to do a cupra lip below a volvo lip, but i'm having a hard time finding a volvo lip for a decent price... lol
    We need a chat function on this site
    For real

How are you gonna attach the cupra lip to the volvo lol it's just a flat piece on the bottom isn't it
    Last edited by ep3jd; 06-02-2011 at 05:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ep3jd View Post
    For real

How are you gonna attach the cupra lip to the volvo lol it's just a flat piece on the bottom isn't it
    I'll find a way, maybe some super sweet JDM zip-ties!

Looks nice! I thought about doing a similar project in my car, but I've decided I'm gonna black out everything interior
    I did mine a little while ago. One of the best things I've done. It came out great because of the paint I used- Color Coat by Semsproducts.com in Landau Black. It's a perfect match for the 04-05 EP's, but it's a little too dark for the 02-03's.

I even did the OEM radio's faceplate- quick had a huge crack on it before I epoxied it.

(cellphone pic:)

Next up:
    Dying or re-wrapping my headliner and painting every other piece of plastic: visors, seat belt guides, "oh shit handles", dome light bezels/switches, sunroof handle/switches/plug...
    I was thinking about wrapping the pillar plastics, but since I park in the sun all the time, I'm worried they'll fade too easily. It wouldn't hurt to try it if I have enough extra material left over from the headliner though.

Might end up with a black EP2 cluster even. All-black FTMFW!

Looks good from what I can see? Gonna paint the handle garnishs and lock switch?

I was a little worried about it holding up, but with the paint I used, I can pick at it with my fingernail and it won't even hairline-scratch it.

What paint/color did you use?

I painted my old ones, but they were too glossy for my taste. I'm grateful that I was able to trade'em straight-up for some non-painted ones to a homie who was getting rid of his EP.

Quote Originally Posted by nmysiismyn View Post
    I did mine a little while ago. One of the best things I've done. It came out great because of the paint I used- Color Coat by Semsproducts.com in Landau Black. It's a perfect match for the 04-05 EP's, but it's a little too dark for the 02-03's.

I even did the OEM radio's faceplate- quick had a huge crack on it before I epoxied it.

(cellphone pic:)

Next up:
    Dying or re-wrapping my headliner and painting every other piece of plastic: visors, seat belt guides, "oh shit handles", dome light bezels/switches, sunroof handle/switches/plug...
    I was thinking about wrapping the pillar plastics, but since I park in the sun all the time, I'm worried they'll fade too easily. It wouldn't hurt to try it if I have enough extra material left over from the headliner though.

Might end up with a black EP2 cluster even. All-black FTMFW!

Looks good from what I can see? Gonna paint the handle garnishs and lock switch?

I was a little worried about it holding up, but with the paint I used, I can pick at it with my fingernail and it won't even hairline-scratch it.

What paint/color did you use?

I painted my old ones, but they were too glossy for my taste. I'm grateful that I was able to trade'em straight-up for some non-painted ones to a homie who was getting rid of his EP.
    Yours looks awesome! How expensive was that paint?! It's definitely a nice color, not too glossy. I'm not too worried about repainting the dash/door handles over and over again. But I don't want to repaint anything else more than once(handles, locks, headliner trim). When I find something I really like I'm gonna use clear-coat to get some paint protection.

Hey OP! What kind of material did you use to wrap your door inserts? I like it

I think I used krylon. 100% match. Looks totally oem.

I'll find a way, maybe some super sweet JDM zip-ties!

Yours looks awesome! How expensive was that paint?! It's definitely a nice color, not too glossy. I'm not too worried about repainting the dash/door handles over and over again. But I don't want to repaint anything else more than once(handles, locks, headliner trim). When I find something I really like I'm gonna use clear-coat to get some paint protection...
    Thanks man! I'm liking the offset black more and more everyday. It flows good with a lot of stuff, like the cruise control switches, side mirror switches, etc.

Like I said, I used Color Coat by Semsproducts.com in Landau Black. I got it at a "mom and pop shop" for $15.00, after tax. The can goes quite a way and is SUPER EASY to use. Anyone can paint like a pro with it! Although it goes on rough, it mends together right before your eyes. When spraying it upside down, to clean the can between layers, the big runs I purposely sprayed on the cardboard box, weren't even noticeable to the touch. Crazy stuff! WELL WORTH a few extra bucks! It feels as strong as the OEM silver finish. No joke!

Forgot this was already on my phone:

It was recommended to me and I've been ecstatic about it's quality since I did it, as you can see. I whore it out on a regular basis. There's no need to clearcoat it AT ALL, but check out their line of clearcoats/colors.

EDIT: Re-sized pic to a clickable thumbnail.
    Last edited by nmysiismyn; 06-02-2011 at 10:31 PM.

Hellllllllllll yeah! He knows what it is I'm lookin for! I hope you made this just for me

Quote Originally Posted by nmysiismyn View Post
    Like I said, I used Color Coat by Semsproducts.com in Landau Black. I got it at a "mom and pop shop" for $15.00, after tax. The can goes quite a way and is SUPER EASY to use. Anyone can paint like a pro with it! Although it goes on rough, it mends together right before your eyes. When spraying it upside down, to clean the can between layers, the big runs I purposely sprayed on the cardboard box, weren't even noticeable to the touch. Crazy stuff! WELL WORTH a few extra bucks! It feels as strong as the OEM silver finish. No joke!
    I'm definitely gonna have to source some if my krylon paint doesn't work out! I like the flat black I'm working with though, it fills in a rough sanded area really well and gets a lot of imperfections out, sounds like the paint you've got does all that and more though! Good shit.

I'm definitely gonna have to source some if my krylon paint doesn't work out! I like the flat black I'm working with though, it fills in a rough sanded area really well and gets a lot of imperfections out, sounds like the paint you've got does all that and more though! Good shit.
    It's MAGICAL!
    I wouldn't bother with the Krylon. I'd dave yourself the time by going with what's guaranteed to work the 1st time.

You might be surprised how close to home you'll be able to find it too, but IDK... They sell all kinds of flatter blacks.

interior looks good tommy...

Quote Originally Posted by JaydmEp3 View Post
    interior looks good tommy...
    Thank you sir! I'm loving it! Can't wait to do the rest!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information