Close

A/c help!!! Its sooo hot!

lets start with this
    my current mods:
    k20a2 swap
    PRB ecu (k20a2)
    k20a3 a/c compressor (but i still have the a2 one)
    k&n intake
    full straight pipe
    k20a3 stock header
    hks hi power axle back

these are the only mods i know that would effect a/c well the closest lol.

ok so if i have my ac on while im driving it will shut of after 2 min on full blast. on low it takes it longer to shut off but it still will. when it shuts off the light on the ac button stays on. mainly even during idle/sitting if i have it on full blast and hold rpms steady at 3k it will still shut off. oh and as far as it shutting off it is the compressor clutch thing. i know it isn't bad because it was working right before i swapped it. i have also checked the relays and fuses and all good. frion level is almost near perfect and fans are working. i also know there is no blockage.

am i missing something? will the a3 ac compressor work with the a2 motor?

i also noticed that there is a sensor that is located on the compressor coming from the plug to the harness. its circular and im thinking it might be bad and i should put the a2 sensor one in. to me it looks like a regular rubber cap with 2 wires coming from it.

can anyone shed some light???

there also this tube thing located near the ecu that my stepdad said i should check... i have no idea what it is but it looks like a squirter thing you use to put sause on a turkey with lol.

HELP! any advice would be great! IT IS SOOOOO HOT DRIVING TO AND FROM WORK!

oh and sorry if this is placed in the wrong section i didn't know where to put it. so i put it in the how to's

the compressor will kick off for two reasons that i know of, one if the freon level is low, you might also have air in the system.

the compressor should normally kick on and off so it doesnt freeze the evaporator

Quote Originally Posted by shaba View Post
    the compressor should normally kick on and off so it doesnt freeze the evaporator
    not after two minutes and not for good which sounds like whats going on.

Sorry I can't be any help but, why would you have a stock k20a3 header for your k20a2 motor?

Quote Originally Posted by T_Virus View Post
    Sorry I can't be any help but, why would you have a stock k20a3 header for your k20a2 motor?
    i was also wondering the same thing...let that motor breath homie!

Quote Originally Posted by NEO_FOLLOWER2 View Post
    i was also wondering the same thing...let that motor breath homie!
    well i have the stock header because it would fit my test pipe. the donut gasket was toooooo big which is kinda making me wonder do i need to conver my whole exhaust system to a k20a2/rsx spec?

Quote Originally Posted by apexracing View Post
    not after two minutes and not for good which sounds like whats going on.
    well its not for good itll kill itself and then after like 5 min it will come back on slowly then shut off again

sorry for the late reply i rarely get a chance to get on the comp

Quote Originally Posted by BlueEP3 View Post
    well i have the stock header because it would fit my test pipe. the donut gasket was toooooo big which is kinda making me wonder do i need to conver my whole exhaust system to a k20a2/rsx spec?
    You are restricting your k20a2 really bad but, you can always change it later. Hopefully you can get your A/C fix first.

You are restricting your k20a2 really bad but, you can always change it later. Hopefully you can get your A/C fix first.
    yeah i know right! im thinking maybe i can drill out the test pipes bolt holes to fit better buit the donut gasket will sit real close to the top of the pipe which is why im hoping for no exhaust leak

Thread Information