Close

complete sound newb!!

all of my speakers except for the pass. side tweeter are blown, and i would like to get something a lil better than stock. what will i need and any specific products (brands, etc) would be great. also i would prefer to not spend a ton on this.

you need 6.5" front and rear.. i just changed mines to alpine, i had polk audio...***and i need to read the rules***
    Last edited by RedSiBaron; 06-04-2011 at 01:49 PM. Reason: rule violation

I recommend spending at least $100 for a set of component speakers for the front. 6.5" fronts with a tweeter, all wired to a crossover. Mine are similar to these http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_...-SPS-610C.html

Also, get a set of 6.5 inch speakers for the rear. Go as deep as you can with the magnet size, because the space back there is pretty deep and you can fit a speaker with nice mid-bass back there.

Make sure you at least spend the $60 to find a *name brand* (not Sony, MTX, imo) used 4 channel amp from a pawn shop or something. It's all a waste if your door speakers aren't amplified.

Caraudio.com forums have some great information to get you started. Spend about $100 for the fronts, $70 for the rears, and pick up a used amp for $60, with some wiring and such, and you'll have a system that sounds cleaner than 95% of the ricers with blown door speakers or stock luxury cars with crappy sound systems.

Disregard this post if you only listen to rap really loud.

haha sounds good. i listen to pretty much everything, led zepplin to techno

alpine is always a good idea as far as brand is concerned.

in the type S series fronts would be SPS-610C rears are SPS-610.

they run awesome on stock radio power OR aftermarket radio power... and they don't need to be amplified.

link to alpine's website www.alpine-usa.com

Quote Originally Posted by WigginsSiR View Post
    alpine is always a good idea as far as brand is concerned.

in the type S series fronts would be SPS-610C rears are SPS-610.

they run awesome on stock radio power OR aftermarket radio power... and they don't need to be amplified.

link to alpine's website www.alpine-usa.com
    Really will a alpine cd player power it nicely if so I'm all game in getting them thanks I'm a stereo noob also

Avoid the alpine decks. They're all castrated and they want you to spend more money on bullshit modules if you want to get the nice extras everyone tends to include for free.

Given that you're relatively new, go with something you can get your hands on fairly easily. Stick with a decent Pioneer or Kenwood. Clarion makes good stuff, too. JVC is a pretty good bang for the buck as well. I'd suggest built-in USB/ipod controls are a must, with integrated bluetooth being a secondary.

With regards to speakers, I would vote against the Type-S. The Type-R Alpines are the lowest line I'd go. For the Type-S price range I would suggest Infiniti Reference or Polk dB series. The Polks are a hell of a bang for the buck.

6.5" Components up front with 6.5" Coaxials in the rear. Make sure to get some mounting rings, or buy some cheap 6.5" MDF spacers for the fronts.. You're going to need them. If you really want to get much better sound (and get a quieter cabin).. I'd highly suggest throwing some sound damper on the doors. Night and day difference with sound quality. Gets rid of quite a bit of road noise, too.. Which is awesome since the EP is known as a rattlecan. Last but not least, if DIY.. Take your time!
    Last edited by introvert; 06-12-2011 at 12:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by introvert View Post
    Avoid the alpine decks. They're all castrated and they want you to spend more money on bullshit modules if you want to get the nice extras everyone tends to include for free.Given that you're relatively new, go with something you can get your hands on fairly easily. Stick with a decent Pioneer or Kenwood. Clarion makes good stuff, too. JVC is a pretty good bang for the buck as well. I'd suggest built-in USB/ipod controls are a must, with integrated bluetooth being a secondary.

With regards to speakers, I would vote against the Type-S. The Type-R Alpines are the lowest line I'd go. For the Type-S price range I would suggest Infiniti Reference or Polk dB series. The Polks are a hell of a bang for the buck.

6.5" Components up front with 6.5" Coaxials in the rear. Make sure to get some mounting rings, or buy some cheap 6.5" MDF spacers for the fronts.. You're going to need them. If you really want to get much better sound (and get a quieter cabin).. I'd highly suggest throwing some sound damper on the doors. Night and day difference with sound quality. Gets rid of quite a bit of road noise, too.. Which is awesome since the EP is known as a rattlecan. Last but not least, if DIY.. Take your time!
    sweet thanks, just finish the deck install yesterday. now its time to buy the speakers and spacers . :)

Don't get alpine type r speakers unless you plan on running a 4 channel amp. It's not worth it also don't get components unless you plan on using a 4 channel. If you plan on using just the deck power the type s speakers are perfectly fine. The infinity speakers are good for highs and clarity not really for their mid bass or lows. They sound best with a sub. A good over all speaker are the polks that introvert mentioned. Also don't forget to get some Honda speaker harnesses so you don't have to cut the factory speaker lines.

Quote Originally Posted by Mighty_Mouse_Ep View Post
    Don't get alpine type r speakers unless you plan on running a 4 channel amp. It's not worth it also don't get components unless you plan on using a 4 channel. If you plan on using just the deck power the type s speakers are perfectly fine. The infinity speakers are good for highs and clarity not really for their mid bass or lows. They sound best with a sub. A good over all speaker are the polks that introvert mentioned. Also don't forget to get some Honda speaker harnesses so you don't have to cut the factory speaker lines.
    thanks i think ima go for the alpine type s

Thread Information