Close

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Old Man
    my guess is this only works on newer EP's? My key doesnt look like that, and doubt they could cut the blank to fit...

still waiting on my ridgeline key, got the CTR back plate in though from ICB motorsports. Honda said they want $25 to cut which is not bad at all.

just got my key cut for FREE today at Honda and i did the swap and program, however there is an issue with the key not wanting to come out of the ignition without excessive force, has anybody had this issue??? i noticed the key has sharper edges compared to my factory one so maybe it needs to dull out with a few uses.

Quote Originally Posted by VividSI View Post
    just got my key cut for FREE today at Honda and i did the swap and program, however there is an issue with the key not wanting to come out of the ignition without excessive force, has anybody had this issue??? i noticed the key has sharper edges compared to my factory one so maybe it needs to dull out with a few uses.
    Yes, I had this for about 2 days. Don't worry, the key is brand new and the edges are very sharply cut. They will wear down in a few days and it'll work perfectly. I also had problems opening my passenger door lock with it at first, but it's no problem now. One trick I figured out is to wiggle it a little bit and it should come out of the ignition without too much force.

Thanks, looks like its working just fine now.

nice i was wondering how to do this

just did this and it worked like a charm. thanks for the How-To homie. After 6 years I was getting tired of the stock split key/remote!!

Im guessing this is for the newer ep's?
    Anyone know what key works with the old keys for my 02?

Quote Originally Posted by Calvinep3 View Post
    Im guessing this is for the newer ep's?
    Anyone know what key works with the old keys for my 02?
    There are no keys of this type that have a compatible keyblade for the 02 EP3 Si. However, there is lurking somewhere on the internet a guide to installing a compatible keyblade into this kind of key. However, it takes a lot more modification than this guide, and I'm not convinced that it's very sturdy. However, there are compatible switchblade keys on ebay that have the right keyblade and won't require you to swap transponder chips. If I had a 2002 EP3, that's what I'd do, just go for a switchblade key.

EDIT: I can't currently find the other guide, but I remember it being on like an Acura forum, I think earlier RSX's had similar keys and not the laser cut kind. I'll look more tomorrow, and good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by eccramer View Post
    There are no keys of this type that have a compatible keyblade for the 02 EP3 Si. However, there is lurking somewhere on the internet a guide to installing a compatible keyblade into this kind of key. However, it takes a lot more modification than this guide, and I'm not convinced that it's very sturdy. However, there are compatible switchblade keys on ebay that have the right keyblade and won't require you to swap transponder chips. If I had a 2002 EP3, that's what I'd do, just go for a switchblade key.

EDIT: I can't currently find the other guide, but I remember it being on like an Acura forum, I think earlier RSX's had similar keys and not the laser cut kind. I'll look more tomorrow, and good luck.
    I found it, thnks!!! But im not convinced it will hod up very well. Can you refer me to a switch blade key that will work with my 02 ep

Quote Originally Posted by Calvinep3 View Post
    I found it, thnks!!! But im not convinced it will hod up very well. Can you refer me to a switch blade key that will work with my 02 ep
    Check out ebay, just search for something like Honda Switchblade key. There's a user on there, artiway, that I bought my key from. Also, you might look into the TSX key. I guess they have a 02 EP3 compatible keyblade version that you might be able to use.

Where can I buy the red h backplate for the key?

I really want to do this but for some reason everytime my dealership tries to cut one, new key doesn't match my old one.
    Last edited by Siborg; 03-15-2009 at 11:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by wilpezash View Post
    I really want to do this but for some reason everytime my dealership tries to cut one, new key doesn't match my old one.
    How are they cutting it? Are they taking your current key and cloning it, or are they cutting it based on your VIN? If they're using your VIN, are you sure that the lock barrels on the car haven't been changed?

Quote Originally Posted by Julius View Post
    Where can I buy the red h backplate for the key?
    I'm pretty sure JDMland, JHPUSA and some others sell them. I didn't get a whole backplate, I just got the red H logo from DecalDude, but he's not in business anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by eccramer View Post
    How are they cutting it? Are they taking your current key and cloning it, or are they cutting it based on your VIN? If they're using your VIN, are you sure that the lock barrels on the car haven't been changed?
    They're cutting it based on the key code given when they enter my car's vin on their system.
    And no, lock barrels were never been replaced.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information