Type R tranny with LSD and 5.46 final drive
    buddy club header
    skunk2 mega R catback exhaust
    Kpro
    650 inyectors
    skunk2 fuil rail
    custom oil pan for time attack

Ok my question is can a run a supercharger with this setup :/

personally i wouldnt. with that aggressive cam setup and high compression and all the heat the supercharger would create (unless you used methanol) would surely almost detonate. that setup alone sounds nasty enough by itself lol

:( that sucks :(

I was hoping that somebody here had a similar setup with supercharger :(

you can do it man there is no doubt, you just need ample cooling in the form of a water methanol kit, and id remove the stage 3's and go back to stock cams for the supercharger

I think you could run a JRSC with the 3.8" SC pulley (and the k20a crank pulley, around 6-7 psi)... but you will likely need an EX adjustable camshaft gear to properly tune with those cams, or get rid of the cams period).

I have a good friend with a TypeR k20a on 10psi+ and he has no problems driving it on pump gas (93 octane). Your setup isnt THAT much over what he has...

And in my opinion i wouldnt do the meth, esp with trying to run a sc, its just another thing to break it or to go wrong. I have heard horror storys with meth, and on 12:5 it is very uncommon to have a sc, its been done and it is done but mostly v8's. Since your fully built i agree with Ba82Ep3 and thats you could do like a jackson racing kit. Now if you wanted to run cooler spend the extra money on putting a kraftwerks kit together. They are syntrifical, prolly spelled wrong lol, like a turbo is the best way i can explain. But they run with a intercooler and you can easily bring temps down with a large enough one of those. The JRSC replacers the intake manifold so is cooled only from how cold the air thats going into it from the engine bay is. IDk, thats just my 2 cents you seem to have a very expensive set up and ruining it wouldnt be any fun neither lol. Good luck mate

:( I think Im going back to k24 :/ is not that I dont like de k24 motor is that a built a 2.4 one year ago with does same mods and the motor died only it was only one month on the road :(

Quote Originally Posted by PR-EP3 View Post
    :( I think Im going back to k24 :/ is not that I dont like de k24 motor is that a built a 2.4 one year ago with does same mods and the motor died only it was only one month on the road :(
    Id say drop the Cams down and go for it.... Look into the DC5 Blower with the aftercooler setup, they can and do fit..

here a video with similar set up..check comments video..GL

Not mentioning the idle issue but... was that a 6th gear pull?! Sounds rediculously slow...

Yea what the hell, my car doesnt have a SC and that motor and it pulls harder driving down the rd. Thats a weird video...

Thanks Javier for the video still thinking about it :/

I talked with Jeremy Lookofsky of Drag Cartel he told me that if I drop in some Drag Cartel stg4 cams with some Itb's I can bump the power to 280hp at the wheels with no problem.

Let's see what happens :/

Quote Originally Posted by PR-EP3 View Post
    Thanks Javier for the video still thinking about it :/

I talked with Jeremy Lookofsky of Drag Cartel he told me that if I drop in some Drag Cartel stg4 cams with some Itb's I can bump the power to 280hp at the wheels with no problem.

Let's see what happens :/
    So do you have a cyntrifical supercharger i assume then? I would think you should make more than 280 on a stock k20a. And with stage 4 cams that is not going to work well with a boosted motor. Your better with stock type r cams or skunk 2 pro cams.

You also mention ITB's. With the proper changes to what you said about the actual cams someone would use, a k20a stock internals, and cyntrifical supercharger even with a 3.5in pulley making id guess somewhere around 7-9psi depending how many psi you loose from the front mount intercooler; 350whp easy, upwards of 300trq.... So make sure you know what your actually rambling on about lol.

Id suggest doing a lot more reading from what u had said bud. Thats just my opinion so you dont waste money if and when you do get there.

if you are looking for centrifugal supercharger info on your k20r- before touching the motor i would check out k20a.org... there are a couple guys with some really nasty rotrex (centrifugal) setups and if i remember correctly some of them are running pretty high comp with some big cams. GL

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information