Close

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

K20A in 2003 EP3

Hey guys,

I finally got the time to install my 2003 JDM CTR K20A powertrain into my 2003 Civic EP3. Things I thought were important to know is the following:

- swap your throttle body onto the K20A intake and keep you cruise control (only thing is you don't have the green "cruise" icon in the CTR cluster)

- my 2003 got into reverse and all forward gears no problem. I didn't have to notch the shifter base at all.

- my swap included all underdash and underhood harnesses. I only used the JDM CTR K20A engine harness and the reverse lockout works properly.

- In order to get the car to start (because it won't) you have to pull the YEL/GRN and YEL/BLK wires out of main fuel relay 2 and solder them together. This allows the fuel pump to turn on when the key goes to the ignition position II. What this does is bypass the second main fuel relay, which is used for the immobilizer. The OEM ECU would have grounded the coil side of this second relay to allow current to go through the switched side of second relay and power the fuel pump. Because the 02-03 CTR ECU's don't have immobilizer's they don't have the capability to ground that coil in the second relay therefore you have to bypass it completely.

Aside from these little things, the swap went in with absolutely no issues. I also replaced all the fluids (ie: engine oil and filter, trans oil and engine coolant).

Remember, if you remove the powertrain from the bottom you need to get an alignment done because I promise you got the caster angle all messed up due to the subframe being moved from it's original position.

Cheers,
    Ryan
    Last edited by DA9_GSR; 08-12-2011 at 08:15 AM.

Thread Information