Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilmour View Post
    I've been out of the game for a while, but I don't understand why a PRC ECU can't be Kpro'd? In fact I do understand that Hondata can Kpro the PRC ECU as I've owned one in the past. The only down side to a PRC Kpro'd ECU is that it does not support Nitrous settings in Kmanager, at least this was the case a few years ago.

Also no wires need to be cut on the harness, as Hondata will make the adjustment inside the ECU when it is opened up.
    I might be mistaken, however this is what I was told by my local Hondata supplier. They might be mistaken.

Super informative thread. Thanks for posting GSR and I have PM'd you some extra question.

Thanks

Yep they'd be mistaken, then.

Nice swap BTW.

If u kept ur stock ecu u will need Kpro and the crank sensor off the a3 motor. All the other sensors will remain and the engine harness in the car will plug into everything else. U will also pass emissions this way still. If u don't run Kpro u have to use the type r ecu n engine harness, you won't pass emissions n u won't get the extra 20 or 30 HP that Kpro would give you from a tune. I did the Kpro route.

U will also need a jdm ctr front sway bar off a ep or the other routes are get a em1 front sway which is much smaller or a aftermarket header like ssr which runs about a grand. Otherwise the stock jdm exhust manifold doesn't clear our stock sway bar.

You are correct about the shifter also. It's a expensive swap. But I.think its the most problem free n u don't need all kinds of parts to make it work. Just the motor Kpro n a swaybar.

Quote Originally Posted by urthworm View Post
    Well the knock sensor only takes about 2min to change out. The reverse lockout would be the only reason i see to keep the k20a harness.. but ive never even gotten close to accidently puting it in reverse when changing gears from 5th to 6th.

Will the k20a harness plug into the a3 ecu? Ive read that the k20a ecu can not have kpro installed on it. Thats the main reason i didnt even bother trying to use the k20a harness. I already had kpro on the a3 ecu.
    Yeah Bro that junk don't plug up. U either use the harness n ecu or neither lol. In our cars at least

I need to get this swap dyno'd then. I'm running the JDM CTR K20A engine harness and JDM CTR K20A ECU on 94 Octane. Runs very well. Idles great. Pulls hard. And beat an older Porsche Boxster on the back straight of Mosport.

Great useful info thanks.

i have the 04 civic si..since they discontinue the buddy short shifter what else can i use to six speeed it??

Quote Originally Posted by jdmpendeho View Post
    i have the 04 civic si..since they discontinue the buddy short shifter what else can i use to six speeed it??
    You might not need anything. If you do the K20A swap, find a swap that comes with the shifter base. If not, I still have my EP3R one sitting in the basement.

Quote Originally Posted by DA9_GSR View Post
    You might not need anything. If you do the K20A swap, find a swap that comes with the shifter base. If not, I still have my EP3R one sitting in the basement.
    nicee for how muchh to 08882?

just order Buddy Club Racing Spec Race Header and exhaust for my k20a swap on my 04 ep3 will it fit np?

Quote Originally Posted by DA9_GSR View Post
    I need to get this swap dyno'd then. I'm running the JDM CTR K20A engine harness and JDM CTR K20A ECU on 94 Octane. Runs very well. Idles great. Pulls hard. And beat an older Porsche Boxster on the back straight of Mosport.
    Grab a kpro, rbc manifold, and rdx injectors, and a open exhuast at least 2.5in and you'll grab almost 50 more to the wheels and thats no bull

Quote Originally Posted by 04SiSpeed View Post
    Grab a kpro, rbc manifold, and rdx injectors, and a open exhuast at least 2.5in and you'll grab almost 50 more to the wheels and thats no bull
    KPro interests me but I need to find a PRB ECU and send it out. RBC doesn't interest me, because I don't feel like hacking my perfectly good rad support to make it fit. RDX injectors would be nice. I already have a Mugen center pipe (2.5" inside diameter) and the OEM EP3 muffler is very free flowing and quiet. I'm not a fan of the fart can. Right now it has a perfect idle and low rpm resonance that lets all the neighbours know I'm home. And the AEM V2 intake lets everyone in the vicinity know when 6'000rpm VTEC crossover occurs.

I haven't bought any of those things because I'm slowly amassing TODA Racing parts that will require Kpro and a tune anyways. I'd rather have and install those parts and tune it then. Gonna be fun!
    Last edited by DA9_GSR; 11-18-2011 at 06:47 AM.

Yea i hear you on the hacking your rad support up, thats y i hadnt done it yet either. But for real man save your money on the toda stuff. Its about 3/4 hopped up in price over compition that in many cases out perform Toda anyways. Unless you are doing a Vtech killer set up or something.

The SSR header is about 1000 so like 300 less than toda, and been proven to provide more power.

Hi. DA9_GSR ,

I don't know if you are still checking this post. But I doing the exact same swap. Have a K20a (JDM) going into a 2004 EP3. I know that you used the k20a engine harness. Given that the harness was for RHD, did you have any length issues? using the harness for your USDM ep3 which is LHD?

Thanks.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information