Close

Page 2 of 28 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Updated 8/1/11 : Got some CTR centercaps for the rims.

Also waiting on package including some Ebay fogs and a Carbon Fiber Cargo cover. Maybe thinking of getting a cusco strut bar and the Corsport c pillar bar.

Quote Originally Posted by Danielsle View Post
    Updated 8/1/11 : Got some CTR centercaps for the rims.

Also waiting on package including some Ebay fogs and a Carbon Fiber Cargo cover. Maybe thinking of getting a cusco strut bar and the Corsport c pillar bar.
    whatever you do, dont install the fogs from ebay comparing them to the instructions for the oem ones... slight possibility of blowing a fuse, like i did, or messing up ur cluster, like some unfortunate others have in the past... i wired them up like this... http://www.ephatch.com/forum/showthr...Harness-Switch
    i still used the same wiring harnesses but modified them to said link, i also still used the same switch just had to sand the edges so the button wouldnt get stuck i have picks of my switch if u wanna see how i wired it...lmk

Looks good man, Love seeing another NHBP come back to life!

Quote Originally Posted by gamma6 View Post
    whatever you do, dont install the fogs from ebay comparing them to the instructions for the oem ones... slight possibility of blowing a fuse, like i did, or messing up ur cluster, like some unfortunate others have in the past... i wired them up like this... http://www.ephatch.com/forum/showthr...Harness-Switch
    i still used the same wiring harnesses but modified them to said link, i also still used the same switch just had to sand the edges so the button wouldnt get stuck i have picks of my switch if u wanna see how i wired it...lmk
    Yeah I'd like to see it. It still confuses me a little by the chart. I've read countless times about the ebay fogs but I can never get a mental image to correct me.

its pretty straight forward, once u receive ur fogs if u already havent, lay the harnesses on the floor and map them out as if it were ur car.
    plug in clips where they need to be and rewire where u need to... its easy once u have a visual.. ill check my photobucket for pics...

edit: checked my account and the pictures are shitty i can retake new ones if u need me to and i can explain the process, i feel like doing a diy but having everything in already is kinda hard lol
    Last edited by gamma6; 08-01-2011 at 10:27 PM.

def get CF wrap for the roof. cheaper than painting.

You have good taste sir...good job so far...
    Quote Originally Posted by nmysiismyn View Post
    Ecclesiastes 1:9
    "What has been will be again,
    what has been done will be done again;
    there is nothing new under the sun."

-King Solomon

Quote Originally Posted by powdbyrice View Post
    def get CF wrap for the roof. cheaper than painting.
    Yeah I had thought a lot about this. Seems like a pretty easy process too. I just keep hearing different things about different manufacturers and I'm not sure on what to buy. Currently leaning towards the 3M Di-Noc.

And Gamma I think i understand what youre saying. I'll let you know how it goes once i get them.

Edit: Am I the only one who sees everything backwards? The first post is on the last page and the newest post is first... if that makes sense. Is there a way to fix this?
    Last edited by Danielsle; 08-02-2011 at 12:31 PM.

So I picked up a BNIB Vis Racing carbon fiber hatch trunk. I dont know if it matters, but it was bought in 2007. The guy I bought it from traded his EP3 the same week he bought the trunk. Never thought to sell it, until we bumped into eachother. He's had it so long he sold it to me for $200. A steal I couldnt pass up. So as I started ripping apart the trunk and putting it on I realized that the trunks are so much different. The CF one had no holes for clips or anything. Pretty much I didnt drill unless necessary. I had to widen some of the holes but that was it! Looks good, good fitment! Only thing is I am still driving around without a rear glass! Haha. I've got an appointment tomorrow to switch the glass from the OEM trunk to the CF one. Pretty pricey if you ask me but it has to get done. Also, the hatch doesnt have holes or clips to put a spoiler on it. Are they all like this or is it because its so old? Haha... oh well I'll drill when I get my CF mugen wing.

my cousin helping me out!

I'll update when I put the glass on it tomorrow.

Finally got the pictures up! The hatch fits nicely, and I'm only using one damper instead of two. Feels like it'll break if i use two. Also, I need to either put my real wiper assembly back on or do the delete. Now's the time to do it if i want to.

Registered User mitchlikesbikes's Avatar
    a rear wiper plug and a jdm red h would look AMAZING with the carbon hatch man.

i love your wheel setup too:)

Looks sick.. nicely done!

What kind of paint did you use on the trim pieces and headliner?

How'd you paint your interior? Looks real nice

Quote Originally Posted by c_law23 View Post
    Looks sick.. nicely done!

What kind of paint did you use on the trim pieces and headliner?
    Quote Originally Posted by .colin View Post
    How'd you paint your interior? Looks real nice
    Sorry for the late reply I didnt realize someone else replied. But I used O'reily's Vinyl and Fabric Black spray. Cleaned, and sprayed a few light coats on it. Still no chipping, or fading. I did it in my EG hatch and it lasted a long time before I sold it.

Just picked up two bars locally, a Mugen DC5 rear strut bar and a DC titanium front strut bar. I'll post better pictures of them installed later after I clean up the hatch. Thanks Rasy for the DC front strut bar!

Mugen rear strut bar is being authenticated right now by Kerby, haha! I dont mind if it's real or fake.

Page 2 of 28 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread Information