Close

alrite so almost at 100k miles. almost time for tht big tune up...

my maintence required light turned on (off now..reset it) but its about tht time i change my oil, clean filter and such. my plan is to flush everything. radiator, change brake fluid, spark plugs, clean fuel injectors, add anti freeze coolant, tranny flush. etc. but idk what i should get or be running. brands u guys recommend and such. any help would be appreciated. thanks
    Last edited by JaydmEp3; 07-07-2011 at 12:37 PM.

and turn off the light haha

I kno how to turn off the light. jus need help with brands n recommendations for the tune up. wanna run with good stuff so she runs good

oem honda

Yeah I changed my tranny oil when i bought the car (80k) and I used oem honda oil. Unless you're running ridiculous hp..that's what you should use. Expensive but worth the peace of mind. I also am getting ready to do 100k maintenance wooo!

Registered User mitchlikesbikes's Avatar
    use all OEM stuff, and maybe seafoam it beforehand. i just seafoamed my cherokee with 227k on the clock and it is running soooooo much better.

that guy w/ the face poeticfinesse21's Avatar
    Valve adjustment and make sure your camshafts are not galling or pitting. Flush your antifreeze too, it probably still has the original stuff in there. Also, you should be doing a trans flush every other oil change or at least every 15k, not every 100k.

When I first changed my mtf it shifted so much smoother. I also got a magnetic plug to pick up extra crap. My bro worked at Acura for a while son ingot Acura mtf for cheap. Oem ftw

Just check if everything is ok, the light comes on every now and then without, most of the time, meaning something is bad. But when you do plan to change stuff, go with honda OEM, good oil like Mobil1 if it is just daily, and NGK spark plugs and you should be good!

Quote Originally Posted by poeticfinesse21 View Post
    Valve adjustment and make sure your camshafts are not galling or pitting. Flush your antifreeze too, it probably still has the original stuff in there. Also, you should be doing a trans flush every other oil change or at least every 15k, not every 100k.
    Every 15k?
    I change the tranny juice every 2 years on well, all my cars. I've never heard of such a short interval, but if so, dayum! The Pennzoil Syncromesh looks practically fresh even after my (what I consider waaaay conservative) interval. Dont think I'll shorten my cycle though. Nothing I have seen or experienced leads me to believe I am doing the drivetrain harm.

alrite so almost at 100k miles. almost time for tht big tune up...

Replace your cabin filters, check ball joints and all suspension parts for wear.

Thread Information