Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

04EP3Hatch's New Setup - DAMN Man! Another One?!

Well guys i had a balls load of fun on 7psi making 241, and had an even bigger load of fun on 272, butttt... i want more and its time to make it. I've had my AIS Competiton meth tank for some time and i finally got around to making a mounting structure (hacked peice of press board, yea im baller) to bolt it down:

all i need to do now is remove the pump and the lines and move the pump to the rear and send the positive wire back and ground it out! i have a check valve now for the system as well, im probably going to get a filter because I DONT KNOW HOW but my 10gph nozzle was pretty damn clogged. im lucky my car still runs. the nozzle was all corroded and shit, like rusty almost. But anywho im getting a 14gph nozzle from AIS and im going to be running a new mixture of four bottles of HEET added to 1 gallon of -20 Splash washer fluid for a mixture of 50/50 or 55/45. somewhere in between. as for the actual POWER adder, well the only thing i can really do is run a smaller pulley so hey fudge it ill buy a new 3.6 or 3.7 and see how it works out. YUPPP i just checked their site and now they have a 3.6" pulley. im on their site now and it lists it. but im a little scared of jumping to a 3.6. right now my blower speed at 7700rpms is 12,907brpm, with a 3.6 ill be churning at 13,624brpm. Now im already peaking 10.9psi as datalogged on my ecu, and i was peaking 7.7 on the 4.0 and the 3.8 pulley netted me 10.9, a little over 3 more psi from that small of a pulley diameter change, so im thinking just the 3.7 will do. i think the 3.6 will put me at like 14-15psi lol Now im also going to need a map sensor now so im getting the Hondata 4bar from my tuner, and im really eyeing up AEM's methanol flow meter, so i think ill pick that up to and get an A-pillar for that gauge and like an EGT gauge. But im pretty hyped for this :) my stock 117k clutch is really getting a workout :)

10psi on KManager Beta? They changed the way psi is calculated... so if your tune isnt done on Beta youre actually lower than that.

Why not the Acura RDX MAP sensor?

Quote Originally Posted by Ba82Ep3 View Post
    10psi on KManager Beta? They changed the way psi is calculated... so if your tune isnt done on Beta youre actually lower than that.

Why not the Acura RDX MAP sensor?
    oh i have no idea it was what the sensor on the dyno read and the map sensor in kpro read. both were 10.9. and i havent heard of anyone using the RDX one, is it a direct plug in?

Yep, the RDX is OEM drop in and its listed in the KManager drop down box for MAP sensors. Its 2.8 bar. ; )

2.8 bar is like 40psi... so you have plenty of room to grow with the sensor...

very true, i may have to look into this :) im pretty excited about this new setup but also a little worried. im not sure how the A3 is going to hold up to this. I mean so far ive been supercharged for 25000 HARD miles, and i have no issues, not even oil consumption. id love to do the 3.6 but i think i may be putting the setup over the edge you know

Quote Originally Posted by 04EP3Hatch View Post
    very true, i may have to look into this :) im pretty excited about this new setup but also a little worried. im not sure how the A3 is going to hold up to this. I mean so far ive been supercharged for 25000 HARD miles, and i have no issues, not even oil consumption. id love to do the 3.6 but i think i may be putting the setup over the edge you know
    so far you've tested the limits before on an a3 compared to many others, so i'd say keep going and see where you get from there. a lot of people were probably influenced by all your set ups and i can say im thankful for them b/c i know which route i wanna go

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew View Post
    so far you've tested the limits before on an a3 compared to many others, so i'd say keep going and see where you get from there. a lot of people were probably influenced by all your set ups and i can say im thankful for them b/c i know which route i wanna go
    thanks a lot bro i really appreciate it! im really lost on what to do :( i wanna do all this but there is a guy on k20a.org selling a completely assembled VTEC Killer A3 head for 175$

Swap a k24a1 head on there for more flow!

Moderator=>PM 4 Help MugenReplica's Avatar
    There is a member on this site at over 310whp in a supercharged K24/K20 Frank that is still on his stock clutch Dan. Shoot a PM to Illdiesel, I'm starting to think our OEM clutch isn't so bad for longevity and power as most of us have been lead to believe....

P.S. I'm still on stock clutch on my JRSC as well....

mmm...torque :D
    lets not forget to mention the 224wtq john since you are putting me on the spot

car runs like a champ; i am at 95k miles with this clutch with no issues thus far; 65+k miles of it are with the swap. unfortunately i lost track of mileage when i swapped the sc, but it would be safe to say that i've been on this setup so far with 5-10k

Quote Originally Posted by MugenReplica View Post
    There is a member on this site at over 310whp in a supercharged K24/K20 Frank that is still on his stock clutch Dan. Shoot a PM to Illdiesel, I'm starting to think our OEM clutch isn't so bad for longevity and power as most of us have been lead to believe....

P.S. I'm still on stock clutch on my JRSC as well....
    Well I'm not really worried about the clutch persay, I have a cc stage 4 in my closet waiting :) but what I'm worried about is the A3's ability to hold what I'm going to throw at it if I were to do a 3.6 pulley or a vtec killer swap. I could just buy that head and swap the rocker assembly over to my head in the car. Id really love to find a set of used skunk2 stage 1's and just use a 3.7 and more meth and call it a day and wait for it to blow up if it ever does

big block turbo club superchargedk20's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ba82Ep3 View Post
    2.8 bar is like 40psi... so you have plenty of room to grow with the sensor...
    This.. No need for a 4 bar

Jus find out the a3's limit after you buy the k24a2. If you have some money to spare.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

big block turbo club superchargedk20's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 05 hatch View Post
    Jus find out the a3's limit after you buy the k24a2. If you have some money to spare.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
    thats what i told em

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information