Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

what supercharger should i be looking at for a 06 k24a2 ?

I have swapped in the k24a2 and yes the power was great at first and thou it has only been a couple months I am really feeling the need for boost !!! I have not yet decided which route to go and would like to start doing some horsepower to price comparison. Know I know the difference in the type of horse power made by each and that I will always get more with turbo but I am leaning more towards sc. So my question is what jrsc kit should I be looking to purchase ? kraftwerks is just to expensive so is comptech (but would the tsx comptech kit fit in an ep3 ? or even the fd2 kit ?)

Get the JRSC if you want to keep your AC and power steering. The kraftwerks kit takes away you ac and power steering

yea but my question is what JRSC kit ? for what vehicle >? ep3, fd2, dc5 ? and what kind of power should I be expecting with the k24a2 with the race kit ?

How would he lose his power steering?

Quote Originally Posted by whatsvtec View Post
    how would he lose his power steering?
    really lmao !!!!

Quote Originally Posted by i11 b3havior View Post
    yea but my question is what JRSC kit ? for what vehicle >? ep3, fd2, dc5 ? and what kind of power should I be expecting with the k24a2 with the race kit ?
    ep3

Quote Originally Posted by whatsvtec View Post
    How would he lose his power steering?
    He would lose a/c not powersteering

really lmao !!!!
    no just your ac
    Last edited by spydur; 02-06-2009 at 04:45 PM.

mmm...torque :D
    ep3 fits with no question, but it uses a manual tensioner--there are people that have modified the auto tensioner to work however

fd2 works--what is nice is that the fd2 comes with an auto tensioner as part of the kit. however due to the different throttle bodies the iacv will not work unless you replace the sc inlet with dc5 spec stuff or get an rrc adapter. using the latter will make clearances tight between the bypass valve and tb sensors, so you will also need an iacv rotation plate to maintain iacv functionality. it will be tight, but radiator support can be modified in a similar fashion to the rbc

dc5 works--the sc inlet will have no issues, but on the accessory side that kit is set up for the power steering pulleys associated with that car. if you can source the auto tensioner parts used in the fd2 kit, everything else should work

for both the fd2 and dc5 versions, the sc pulley will be very close to the pass headlight support; using my 3.4" i had to remove my hood support and convert to a hood strut

i think that about covers everything...?

Kickass post Diesel...

every once in awhile i have something decent to share

in all honesty though all this information is out there if some mild searching is done; i know both john and i have discussed these matters on a few threads in here. there was alot of tripping around on my end for the fd2 spec jrsc since i was the first idiot to experiment with it (excuse me--pioneer lol) and i wanted to see that no one went through the same headaches i did

So it sounds like the DC5 setup with the FD2 tensioner set is the way to go. Is the tensioner in the FD2 kit just a modded OEM part?

I see the FD2 manifold still fits the 'a' series heads, and uses an adapter for the 'z' series heads waterport...

Quote Originally Posted by Ba82Ep3 View Post
    So it sounds like the DC5 setup with the FD2 tensioner set is the way to go. Is the tensioner in the FD2 kit just a modded OEM part?

I see the FD2 manifold still fits the 'a' series heads, and uses an adapter for the 'z' series heads waterport...
    if i knew what i know now that i would go for the setup you mentioned--as always hindsight is 20/20. the auto tensioner is a stock unit by the way it looks--it is bolted onto the manifold by an adapter plate that jackson racing can provide you with i believe. you an also go the other direction and pick up the dc5 sc inlet parts from jackson racing for the fd spec jrsc, but i have been to busy/house poor lately to approach that process and i havent researched what parts are required for that

Yeah i was just looking at that. Looks like an adapter plate and bolts for $60 from Moss for an OEM tensioner would do it. Seems like a cheaper route than the FD2 setup if you need the DC5 inlet for PRB TB.

The DC5 spec pulley looks different than what i had for my EP JRSC. It looks offset, away from the charger. Is that what you mean by differences on the accessory side?

Since part location between the k20a2 (DC5) and the k20a3/k24a1/k24a2 are similar (water pump, alternator, CP), then the DC5 JRSC pulley wouldnt interchange with an EP JRSC?

Im shoppin... : )

Haha, I was gonna say... We've got no pulley for that. We're blessed with EPS! I make my buddy jealous every time he tells me he did a PS delete.

My vote is to get a JRSC Race set-up for the DC5 w/jmercado aftercooler n such. I'd try to find a manifold for a test fit though, it might be tight on a K24

Personally, the heat exchanger setup just looks like a problem waiting to happen. Ill accept the JRSC's limited output over complicating the design with add ons.

I want the EP's electric rack in my EJ... but dunno if its possible tho. Manual steering for me until then...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information