Close

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Lysholm twin-screw then? hehe
    Not such limited output

Edit: Looking @ abt 400hp?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WsnR8lZMElI

i already have the rad support cut for the rbc because I was planning on going turbo but now I just don't know ? what is the difference in blower size with them all because the k24 sits pretty high in there !!! lol my hood support is in my trunk because I have been to lazy to get dampers

ps. thanks for the input/info !!!

Dude... the twinscrew sounds beastly... *jizz*

mmm...torque :D
    Quote Originally Posted by i11 b3havior View Post
    i already have the rad support cut for the rbc because I was planning on going turbo but now I just don't know ? what is the difference in blower size with them all because the k24 sits pretty high in there !!! lol my hood support is in my trunk because I have been to lazy to get dampers
    they all use the m62, and they all clear my hood fine. you already got rid of the hood insulation when you swapped your k24, so there wont be any interference.

as for heat exchanger/aftercooler issues, id imagine that if you bolt everything on correctly and ensure a proper seal, should the aftercooler fail the air will run warmer which would be more prone to pinging, but i figure as the driver it would be a noticeable difference and quick corrective action can be taken

To answer your other question, yes, the Comptech TSX charger will fit with some minor cutting. Refer to my thread here http://www.ephatch.com/forum/showthr...h-supercharger

I say skip the SC and go straight to boost. I was debating whether to go SC or turbo a few months after my k24a2 swap. I got tired of that relatively quickly just like you. I also noticed that alot of the SC guys were selling their SC kits and going for turbo as well cuz they too got tired of their sc set up. Even those with the jmercado kit was selling them and getting turbos instead. It seems that if you got tired of your swap in a few months, you're might just get tired of SC just as fast. If money is an issue, SC would definitely be the cheaper route and alot would say that its more reliable. If you got some sort of fundage, I would definitely go the turbo route. There are so much more things to consider and parts to get if you wanna get a turbo though, just make sure to read up on here. Good luck bro.
    Quote Originally Posted by nmysiismyn View Post
    Ecclesiastes 1:9
    "What has been will be again,
    what has been done will be done again;
    there is nothing new under the sun."

-King Solomon

Quote Originally Posted by MadLorEP3 View Post
    I say skip the SC and go straight to boost. I was debating whether to go SC or turbo a few months after my k24a2 swap. I got tired of that relatively quickly just like you. I also noticed that alot of the SC guys were selling their SC kits and going for turbo as well cuz they too got tired of their sc set up. Even those with the jmercado kit was selling them and getting turbos instead. It seems that if you got tired of your swap in a few months, you're might just get tired of SC just as fast. If money is an issue, SC would definitely be the cheaper route and alot would say that its more reliable. If you got some sort of fundage, I would definitely go the turbo route. There are so much more things to consider and parts to get if you wanna get a turbo though, just m
    ake sure to read up on here. Good luck bro.
    I will repectfully disagree, you have to look at it like this, people are offloading their supercharged setups because they are peaking out with power and thinking well I'm at the end of the road and want more. When the limiting factor is either knowledge or the m62 blower the kit is fit with. K24a2 with a good pulley setup (14-15psi) and a nice sized methanol kit will yield some amazing power, 350+ range for sure, and let's say you want more with the m62 you could have the whole kit ported and make even more, and if you want to upgrade blowers (just like you'd go from a gt30 to a gt35) you'd just need to go twin screw. If you look around on clubrsx jmercado made 472 on 16psi with stock header and gutted cat. I can't remember if that was methanol or aftercooler for cooling though, you could even look at the eaton m90 upgrade that's hitting the streets now. So it's not that the turbo kit will definately make more power, you'd just need the knowledge to take the supercharged setup to where you want it to go. Shit if I hit 300 with my
    A3 that will be it for me and I'll be happy until it's time to swap out to a different blower or a ported m62

Agreed in full. I have this discussion with my buddy who's an evo fanatic, there are only differences in the approach of both.

big block turbo club superchargedk20's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 04EP3Hatch View Post
    I will repectfully disagree, you have to look at it like this, people are offloading their supercharged setups because they are peaking out with power and thinking well I'm at the end of the road and want more. When the limiting factor is either knowledge or the m62 blower the kit is fit with. K24a2 with a good pulley setup (14-15psi) and a nice sized methanol kit will yield some amazing power, 350+ range for sure, and let's say you want more with the m62 you could have the whole kit ported and make even more, and if you want to upgrade blowers (just like you'd go from a gt30 to a gt35) you'd just need to go twin screw. If you look around on clubrsx jmercado made 472 on 16psi with stock header and gutted cat. I can't remember if that was methanol or aftercooler for cooling though, you could even look at the eaton m90 upgrade that's hitting the streets now. So it's not that the turbo kit will definately make more power, you'd just need the knowledge to take the supercharged setup to where you want it to go. Shit if I hit 300 with my
    A3 that will be it for me and I'll be happy until it's time to swap out to a different blower or a ported m62
    Wat about tq

Quote Originally Posted by superchargedk20 View Post
    Wat about tq
    Turbo>SC lol

^^only if you're aiming for 300+ whp

lets not turn this into and endless sc v turbo debate...

I will be going k24a2 w/supercharger. not sure which one yet, leaning towards ep3 to make it easier. one of the faster s/c setups, reliable for DD

big block turbo club superchargedk20's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ryan02 View Post

I will be going k24a2 w/supercharger. not sure which one yet, leaning towards ep3 to make it easier. one of the faster s/c setups, reliable for DD
    No ones turning it into a sc v turbo. U guys seem so geared only towards HP numbers that no one ever seems to shed any light on the tq side.

mmm...torque :D
    No ones turning it into a sc v turbo. U guys seem so geared only towards HP numbers that no one ever seems to shed any light on the tq side.

while not earth shattering, i'm plenty happy with my torque numbers. i am especially happy with manner in which it is delivered

Wat about tq
    What about it? A k24a2 with that pulley setup can see high 200's in the torque range if not clip 300

Quote Originally Posted by ryan02 View Post

Truthfully as far as reliability goes I'd run the rsx specific kit, more bracketry and bracing holding the weight of the blower up and the belt tension, not just the intake manifold bolts like on the ep3 kit

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information