Close

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    big block turbo club superchargedk20's Avatar
    So that pulley on a k24a2 can make 350 whp and 300 ft tq? Not bad. Do u know any setups thst made that much tq? Just wondering. I just always see supercharge setups make some decent power but no tq to show for it.

Im not shooting for a hp number at all but I do want to be in the mid 12's if not break 11's soon my car will not be a daily driver I wouldn't say money would be an issue because whatever I decode to do I will wait till I have the money to do it right just like I have with the rest of my car. But I have always wanted a turbo set up I have a couple good connections for custom kits but s/c is considerably cheaper and it isnt to hard to find used kits. It's really all about my patience or lack there of : )

Here's my buddies setup on his 2006 TSX

Comptech supercharger (@10psi, 350whp/267wtq)
    Hondata K-Pro
    XLR8 intake (anodized blue, 3” piping, one-off)
    HyTech race header
    XLR8 exhaust (header-back, single-exit, 3” piping, one-off)
    MercRacing liquid-to-air aftercooler (with upgraded core)
    Snow Performance stage 2 water/methanol injection kit
    Snow Performance 2.5 gallon reservoir tank (mounted in trunk)
    Snow Performance 625mL nozzle
    Pulley Boys 3” blower pulley
    CP2 Accord K24 crank pulley (larger diameter than stock TSX)
    Bosch 725cc fuel injectors
    NGK Iridium IX spark plugs (colder heat range)
    Powdercoated valve cover (anodized blue)
    Vision CF sparkplug cover
    T1R radiator hoses
    Spoon reservoir socks
    J’s Racing oil cap (blue)
    Buddy Club radiator cap
    Battery relocated to trunk
    Motul 300V 5w-30 motor oil (SYN4)

Quote Originally Posted by superchargedk20 View Post
    So that pulley on a k24a2 can make 350 whp and 300 ft tq? Not bad. Do u know any setups thst made that much tq? Just wondering. I just always see supercharge setups make some decent power but no tq to show for it.
    theres guys on CRSX and 8thcivic that have the k24a2's on higher boost levels supercharged

http://youtu.be/0XqNJaMQRJM

and you gotta remember dave, your making equal Tq and Hp numbers now but if you decided to go big, your going to peak out somewhere. my buddys 648whp e85 powered eg hatch, 330tq.. other freinds 804whp c16 eg hatch, 400tq

big block turbo club superchargedk20's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 04EP3Hatch View Post
    and you gotta remember dave, your making equal Tq and Hp numbers now but if you decided to go big, your going to peak out somewhere. my buddys 648whp e85 powered eg hatch, 330tq.. other freinds 804whp c16 eg hatch, 400tq
    I was just wondering. I've been out the supercharge game for some time now. And I know u know wats up in the supercharge world. So I was just curious to tq output on some of the higher HP setups

Quote Originally Posted by i11 b3havior View Post
    I have swapped in the k24a2 and yes the power was great at first and thou it has only been a couple months I am really feeling the need for boost !!! I have not yet decided which route to go and would like to start doing some horsepower to price comparison. Know I know the difference in the type of horse power made by each and that I will always get more with turbo but I am leaning more towards sc. So my question is what jrsc kit should I be looking to purchase ? kraftwerks is just to expensive so is comptech (but would the tsx comptech kit fit in an ep3 ? or even the fd2 kit ?)
    Procharger kit for 3900 comes with everything n new smaller pulleys r like 100 dollars.

Quote Originally Posted by lldiesel386ll View Post
    if i knew what i know now that i would go for the setup you mentioned--as always hindsight is 20/20. the auto tensioner is a stock unit by the way it looks--it is bolted onto the manifold by an adapter plate that jackson racing can provide you with i believe. you an also go the other direction and pick up the dc5 sc inlet parts from jackson racing for the fd spec jrsc, but i have been to busy/house poor lately to approach that process and i havent researched what parts are required for that
    So it sounds like the FD2 tensioner is the way to go but why would you go with the DC5 blower over the EP3 one?

Better manifold for one...

mmm...torque :D
    space for improvement for another
    aftercooled? why not

I like this thread haha supercharger>turbo

Yes JRSC DC5 race kit can get you to 350, and a M90 can yeild more power, then you have the Kraftwerks that states their supercharger is capable of over 500+ hp. There is no need of all that plumbing.

Kraftwerks kits use piping like turbos though. A JRSC is simplistic boost... easy to tune and you can pretty much forget about it once its done.

Well then corsports is false advertising haha I don't see any piping included in the kraftwerks kit. Well kraftwerks is out of the question for me. I want the least amount of stuff to break. So I'm looking for reliability.

LOL Yeah the kit doesnt come with piping. You still have to come out of pocket for that. It also places the air filter right below the IM (unless you run a long pipe across the front of the engine to the drivers wheel well). There are a few threads on k20a with some guys having great results with them. But a lot of them are still sorting out the best way to hook it all up.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information