Close

switch intake manifold?

hey members im curious to know if i can switch out my intake manifold and replace it with a RBC fd2 intake and use this set up on a stock motor with out a tune and be able to run this safely? also will this bolt right up to my ep3? and cause me no issues?

My understanding is that you would loose power.
    my ep is white...

- We can talk numbers all you want, but the bullshit stops when the flag drops...

Quote Originally Posted by RedSiBaron View Post
    My understanding is that you would loose power.
    this. its not worth its problems to fit it to the a3 for the loses it would cost you without the proper motor. if you plan on swapping then get it for the swap if you got a deal on one. but don't buy it for the a3 motor. waste.

My bad about thread jacking, but I don't feel like openning a wasteful thread.

I'm in the middle of a low budget build. I'm going to be running all type-s internals in the k20a3 block w/ a k24a1 head. 310s/ dcrh/ Sri. I should open a build thread, but I've been procrastinating. Thanks.

I know this is an old thread but im having trouble finding info. Does anyone have first hand experience and proof that the rbc on a3 gives power loss? Or did one person try it and say it felt less powerful? I have an rbc mani that i am about to put on my k20a3 but i can not find any proven facts as to what it will do.

Anyone?

According to a search on clubrsx and k-series.com, the RBC on a k20a3 will only show improvement when tuned via K-pro and even then its like 5-6 hp increase depending on other bolt-ons. if you already have one, go through with the install and see what happens. sometimes ya just gotta try it out yourself!

Thread Information