Close

ephatch member

connecting power cable to battery

to connect the amp power cable to the battery, do i need a fuse holder? how would i connect it to the battery. im a newbie at this stuff. Thanks.

ephatch member
    yes u do-u can get it from a local stereo shop a fuseholder. install it within 6 inches or so from the connection on the battery post. how much power are u running? if u're putting a lot probably want to go with a 60amp fuse but if it is not that much 40 will be sufficient:)

ephatch member
    well, im just gonna run one audiobahn 210 watt x 1 @2 ohm amp. so the 6 inches thing, the power cable doesnt connect up to the battery at all, but just to the fuseholder? sorry, im just a little confused. and also, how much is a fuseholder?

ephatch member
    as u can see the wire is connected to the power of the battery. and about 2 inches or so from the battery post i have the fuse (40amp) connected. after that the wire runs through the car to the amp. As far as cost of the fuse, can run anywhere from a few bucks for the cheap one i have to like 40 bucks for the nicer ones.

ephatch member
    thank you for the pic, after i realized what the fuse holder was, i went back and checked the amp wiring kit i bought and sure enough, there was a fuse holder, thanks alot tho.

napapacoda
    What gauge power wire is that? It looks pretty small, but I'm guessing it has to be 8 awg.

ICED OUT . LOL........... OMG. I need to Do your install. That is CRAP. lol. its all good. You should get a nice plastic fuse holder.

:D

ephatch member
    ya pax, yours is what i should have done but went the el cheapo route at local stereo shop

ephatch member
    although its not tied down by the fuse in the pic, it is tied down lower (where it cant be seen in the pic). also i opened up the fuse holder on purpose to help explain where the fuse was and how it looks:)

Thread Information