Close

k20a mods? all motor

What mods other thank I/h/e on the k20a motors. Are there cams u can get without building the head? I have Kpro I did it with my swap so i could pass emissions. For now I wanna keep it dd reliable but soon ggonna get into a lil autox. So thanks for any input guys. I tried a search but kept gettin k24 threads coming up so Idk.
    Last edited by mr.brightside; 03-11-2009 at 03:45 PM.

Rbc IM, IM gasket, race header. There's a lot of threads you can search. This topic has been covered plenty of times.

if you are wanting to auto-x, i would concentrate on suspension/brakes right now. not sure what other mods you have...

i am sure you want to finish the course faster, but without the proper brakes/suspension, you will still be behind.
    EPHATCH.COM 4 LYFE!! OFF THA CHAIN KREW #1

udontknowjack's mom was here....twice!

UPDATED SITE INFO!

Want to become a Site Sponsor? Click Here!

PM for HELP!!

ok agreed, i was looking into the ksport rr coilovers, and obviously the safety bars needed liek roll bar. But money isnt much of a issue in my case as for getting different things at the sametime. So is the RBC manifold the manifold that comes on our ep's stock or is that the new Si manifold. also, i have noticed people switch out just one cam, is there a reaso behind that? I think they are leaving the intake ITR cam in but i could totally be mistaken.

I dont really have any other mods, i have skunk2 springs with koni blue shocks so nothings impressive, i still need to get my brakes situated

Some have switched out one cam for the tsx cam.. but people later realized that both cams off the tsx are better and dont require an upgraded valve train.
    The rbc is off the newer si. But if you install the rbc (or rrc) the radiator support has the be bent or cut in order to make it fit.
    I have a k20a and mods are: buddyclub race header, mugen twin loop, password jdm intake, rrc manifold (from the 07 type r), and i just put blueprint stage 2 cams, supertech valve train and port/polished head. I havent been able to tune it since the new mods. But it ran really strong before. The rrc manifold made and instant difference without tuning.

Quote Originally Posted by urthworm View Post
    Some have switched out one cam for the tsx cam.. but people later realized that both cams off the tsx are better and dont require an upgraded valve train.
    The rbc is off the newer si. But if you install the rbc (or rrc) the radiator support has the be bent or cut in order to make it fit.
    I have a k20a and mods are: buddyclub race header, mugen twin loop, password jdm intake, rrc manifold (from the 07 type r), and i just put blueprint stage 2 cams, supertech valve train and port/polished head. I havent been able to tune it since the new mods. But it ran really strong before. The rrc manifold made and instant difference without tuning.
    The TSX cams are NOT better for a K20A build except for the bottom of the midrange, the top end they fall way off the mark compared to the PRC or 07+Si cams.
    ALL advice issued with this "Disclaimer"
    Tim "the Toolman" Taylor is my HERO ! ! !

"Labor Unions are Domestic Terrorist orgainizations"

Thats awesome man i want to basiclly do the same mild build on this motor. I was thinking the skunk2 or buddy club header, i have a custom exhuast so may look into the spoon axle back for a stock look still.

I want to break down and get the RBC soon, did you just run the stock jdm TB? Or you running a new one? Will the stock k20a TB go onto the RBC with the bracket?

I think with a tune, if you dont have them 410 RDX injectors and a walbro pump on that set up you should do atleast 260-270 at the wheels right? Did you get flat faced valves? That would raise your compression to just below 12

so whats new with your set up. im buying a k20a short block and build off that and i kno im gunna have a few questions.

Quote Originally Posted by o2ep3 View Post
    so whats new with your set up. im buying a k20a short block and build off that and i kno im gunna have a few questions.
    Wooo!! I'm ready for this badboy.

Quote Originally Posted by Blah1219 View Post
    Wooo!! I'm ready for this badboy.
    yeah its gunna be my first build im gunna take my time and do everything right. im gunna be needing alot of advice such as cams and intake mani head and such. i have the skunk2 rh and password intake with type s mid pipe and stock axle back.

i hadnt done anything else to to motor yet. I think in the summer i am going with the rbc mani and rdx injectors. Gonna get a dolphin tip axle back and random high flow cat. Should expect around 230-240 hopefully at the wheels, we'll see.

I been working on the suspension myself. I got new driveshaft shop type r axles and 36mm hubs, type r lower control arms, type r sway bar already in, tokico hts shocks, inverted tie rod ends, all about to go on.

nice man glade to see your still working on it like the upgrades.

i got some kelford stage 1 cams and a rbc mani sitting in my extra room. Rdx injectors are on there way, hope to get it all on soon and that retune. Hoping for over 230 so well see if i make it. was debating doing a .027 head gasket to try and squeez a lil more compression out of it. Maybe put me around 11:7.1 or so i est.

I've read on k20a that the thinner hg caused tuning issues. That's why I went with OEM on my build. You could always get you pistons nitrate coated. That would bump the comp.

Quote Originally Posted by Blah1219 View Post
    I've read on k20a that the thinner hg caused tuning issues. That's why I went with OEM on my build. You could always get you pistons nitrate coated. That would bump the comp.
    I deff dont want to do something i would regret for basically no gain. Ill ask my tuner, IMW knows there honda shiznt

Thanks for tuning in you may have saved me lol

Thread Information