Close

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

04 ep k24 turbo - Tuning this week!

Sup guys, I posted up my civic the other day. I just picked up an 04 nhbp hatch. Car has 122 on the chassis and about 75 on the motor (so the seller says). Anyways, car is mechanically sound, runs well, and looks great. I already ordered my wheels for it, which will be here Thursday. I have some volk le28's coming and I'll be working on trying to pickup an hfp lip kit this week. The car had a k24a2 engine with a k20a2 tranny already swapped with kpro, so that will save me some trouble/money. I plan to boost so after a few suggestions, I'm thinking swapping back to an ep tranny will be the best bet. I will be bringing it out to the MD bbq later this month. Without further ado, here are some pics:

Last edited by andyman97; 10-05-2011 at 12:39 PM.

Here's one of the wheels.

Here are some updated pics from 8/20/11. I spent about four hours washing, claying, and removing swirls/scratches. Took a little tough love with the porter cable and some poor boys but it really revived the paint.

As you can see, I got the hfp lip kit on and I think it's a very nice addition.

So I spent four hours washing and detailing the car this evening and it REALLY needed it. It looks so much better. Just a little tough love with some clay bar, the porter cable and some poor boys. Took out so many scratches and surface imperfections. The paint looks like new now. Here are the pics:

Last edited by andyman97; 08-20-2011 at 05:28 PM.

Wow, 43 views and no comments. Alrighty then. Well, I spent about four hours outside in the humid heat yesterday morning sanding and polishing the headlights, they look a million times better. And I detailed the interior, it needed a good scrub and it looks so much better. Some of the interior panels, mainly the door sills on the inside have some pretty big scratches and gouges, so this weekend I'm going to a salvage yard to check out an 05 si to see if I can't steal some interior pieces from it.

I just ordered some Neo Gens in a 225/50/17 which should be here Wednesday and the wheels arrive Thursday. I was originally planning to try and source an hfp lip kit this week but I'm thinking I may just do it next week.
    Last edited by Passenger; 02-11-2009 at 11:59 PM.

Nice pick up. Hope all goes well with future mods.

cool!

Looks good to start!

Might i suggest swapping your 6 speed FD before going to an EP trans? The EP 5 speed has trip cone syncs on 1st, 2nd gears only. Your 6 speed has trip cone on all 6 gears. If you wanna run taller gearing because of boost, change the FD and countershaft so you can retain the better syncs...

Thanks for the advice. Unfortunately, my knowledge stops at the engine, I know jack about transmissions. I really need to learn. I will definitely be researching and learning about transmissions before the boost project starts.

I have a thread in the trans section thats a 6 speed walkthrough. Its in progress because its a lot of info to organize and post up. But seriously, the trans isnt hard at all. If you need help, LMK.

- Dave

Thanks a lot for the offer. I went and checked the thread and it's like staring at an abstract painting. I honestly know jack about trannies, but I will have to read and learn what parts do what and how they interact. I'm sure it'll be very valuable (even if I'm too chicken to do the rebuild myself) it will help to pick out the right parts to get the tranny set up to my preference.

I hear ya man! This was my first ever trans rebuild. All the years ive worked on cars i was too scared to crack one open. After i opened it up and took it apart... no big deal. Admittedly there are a lot of things to keep in mind as you go through it... but IMO if you can rebuild an engine (meaning bearing clearances too) you can rebuild a manual trans.

Also, check out ClubRSX's store for trans parts. Kinda give you an idea of what you could be lookin at for parts and cost. For your trans on boost an FD in the 4.0 region would be decent for daily use... track is a whole nother ball of wax.
    Last edited by Ba82Ep3; 08-08-2011 at 09:25 AM.

I actually like the OEM RSX wheels! Very nice purchase.

nice pick up!

Thanks, guys. The wheels are on the car and the HFP lip kit has arrived. I've put the front on and will be getting around to the sides and rear before the weekend. I've also gone ahead and ordered my turbo kit which will take about 2 weeks for the fabwork (he's also making my exhaust). The car should be boosted and tuned by the end of September at the latest, I would think. Going to have to see how long it will take to get it installed and tuned. I will get some pics this weekend and post them up. I'll be keeping the thread updated, as well.
    Last edited by MugsyTheGr8; 02-16-2009 at 09:56 AM.

nice purchase! saves the headache of dealing with the swap. good luck with future mods!

Hey guys, been busy trying to get stuff done on the car. I've ordered a ton of parts. My turbo setup is being fabbed as we speak so it won't be long before I get it on the car. I spent a while detailing the exterior today (and it needed it soooo bad). Check out the 2d post for new pics.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information