Close

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    looks good!

keep up the great work!!
    EPHATCH.COM 4 LYFE!! OFF THA CHAIN KREW #1

udontknowjack's mom was here....twice!

UPDATED SITE INFO!

Want to become a Site Sponsor? Click Here!

PM for HELP!!

nice bortha...how you liking the k24?
    Quote Originally Posted by nmysiismyn View Post
    Ecclesiastes 1:9
    "What has been will be again,
    what has been done will be done again;
    there is nothing new under the sun."

-King Solomon

I like it a lot. Ridiculous torque in the mid range for such a small car. I can't wait to see how it does with boost.

good choice on switching back to the ep3 trans which should be better for boost...
    Quote Originally Posted by nmysiismyn View Post
    Ecclesiastes 1:9
    "What has been will be again,
    what has been done will be done again;
    there is nothing new under the sun."

-King Solomon

Registered User gtimportfanatic's Avatar
    nice whip bro.. but i wouldnt swap to EP3 trans.. honestly i drove a 6spd ep3 and the drive is so much better than the 5spd.. many argue that for NA this concept is true but honestly if you follow what Dave said and just get a lower final drive you'll b fine.. i'm going the NA route so my trans is gonna be Type S trans with EP3 final drive on an fg2 LSD with a TSX 6th gear.. i'm dying to drop that thing in.. should pep the a3 up a bit and once i get my type S swap in its gonna be over

That sounds good, man. I have time. I'll probably beat the hell out of this tranny and build another one at the same time.

I've been ordering and picking up parts left and right. List of remaining parts has gotten significantly smaller. Really just need to finish off the fuel system, pick up a turbo and wastegate, and I should be pretty much done.

Couple of updates. I've done a ton over these past few weeks. I spent Friday doing the brakes. I was going to install type s calipers and rotors. When I went to rebuild the calipers I got from the salvage yard, the new boots for the pistons both tore so I gave up. I just went ahead and had my front rotors turned while I worked on the rears and picked up new pads for the ep3 calipers. Didn't bother doing the stainless braided brake lines because I didn't want to bleed the system until I put on the calipers.

Also had the car aligned and wow, what a difference. The toe was ridiculous, off by about .38 degrees total. Handles so much better now. Yesterday I went ahead and steam cleaned the upholstery and it made a bigger difference than I expected. Looks really nice now.

I ordered a buddy club short shifter, corsport base bushings, and hybrid racing cable bushings yesterday. Hopefully everything will get here this week so I can install it all this weekend.

The guy that's doing my turbo kit should have all of the parts he needs to wrap it up so I'm hoping he can get everything finished and shipped by the end of the week, so we will see.

Moderator=>PM 4 Help MugenReplica's Avatar
    She's looking fine! I like what you've done to her so far!

That's quite the sleeper you got there! I really like the 16" RSX wheels. They look good. Great work mang. Keep it up!

Phew, lots of goodies coming in everyday. Turbo kit shipped today. Vince from ctd-fab built the kit for me. Super excited to see it when it gets here, he assures me it's gorgeous lol. It will arrive Monday. I chose a precision 6262 ball bearing for the turbo, fedex attempted delivery while I was at work so I will pick it up tomorrow at the sort facility. My clutch is going in Saturday along with an a3 trans with about 66k on it. I'll worry about a built trans later. Fuel system is all ready to go in. Few other odds and ends are on order but I should have everything in hand early next week, then the install can begin. I have a tuning session scheduled for October 8 and I think that's a realistic date. The goal is 450 whp on 93 for now. Eventually, I will go back in for a retune on e85.

damn sounds sweet... that dates a great day a birthday for me sir!

I also may be in rockville that weekend.. nutz..

dude post some pics of the build i wanna see

This is everything I've gathered so far:

niceeeeeeeeee

Install is about halfway done. K20a3 transmission is in, fuel system is done, had an issue with the turbo to hood clearance with a 90 degree coupler (and the size was for a garrett) so a tight radius 90 degree elbow is going on instead. All that's really left is charge piping, vacuum lines, exhaust, and whatever last minute stuff there is. Should be ready to tune by Friday at the latest.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information