Close

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    All that eyecandy... cant wait to see how it turns out!

Is that a dual OEM pump setup?

Yeah, dual walbro, full blown motorsports.

I like that a lot. I did something similar, but not that fancy. I also had to mod the tray in the tank to clear the pumps as they went in. The EP isnt like that tho... subbed for sure.

sick why 2 pumps isnt one enough how much horsepower u looking to get out of your set up?

I plan to do an e85 tune and see how much I can make with this turbo, I'd like to see 650+. Plus I got the pump setup used for a steal, you can't have too much fuel.

i feel you is that 650+ gonna be on a stock motor and what is your street tune going to look like

OK, here are some pics :

Tuning happens this afternoon.

Looking nice bro keep us posted i wanna see how much hp this makes. Get a dyno video and dyno sheet posted when u can andyman

Good news and bad news. The engine made ridiculous power and torque. The bad news is that a ringland cracked off from the top of the piston. Now it's time to do pistons and rods. Unfortunately, it's going to take a couple of weeks, but it will be back on the road soon. Enjoy the dyno and vid in the meantime.

wow wow wow ridiculous power lol was that on stock internals. sorry to hear about the engine but i know u will get that bish running the way u want it awesome.

Yeah, bone stock k24a2. It'll be good as new before long. I have no idea how it was treated before I owned it but at least now I won't have to wonder if and when the engine is going to let go.

yeah u are right are u doing a fully built k24 or just the block?

At least pistons and rods. May throw in a type s oil pump while it's opened up, we'll see.

I did a screen shot for comparison of maps from Kpro to share that shed some insight into why the engine went on the dyno.

The k24 map is what came on kpro when I bought the car with the swap already done. This map was before the car was boosted, not the current map built by my tuner. The d17 is my previous map that was tuned by Jeff Evans. I know, it's a d17 map vs a k24 map but still, you can see some real issues with the k24 tune.

First is the high cam fuel map from the d17. Notice the nice, clean curve.

This is the high cam fuel map from the k24. Sloppy and a nice big hole around 6k.

Then the Evans tuned high cam ignition map. Again, nice and clean.

Then the high cam ignition from the k24, what a mess.

Unfortunately, I don't know exactly when the swap was done or who tuned it. What I do know is that the stock motor wasn't tuned for shit by the looks of this map and was a ticking time bomb. Now, with forged internals and a solid new tune, I shouldn't have to worry much about the engine from here on.

After all is said and done, here's what I'm thinking... Wiseco pistons and Eagle H-Beam rods, new ACL bearings across the crank. Depending on how the pump looks, I may keep the stock k24a2 pump in there. I'm not very concerned about revving super high, maybe 8k max. While everything is apart, I'm going to go ahead and do a 2,000 degree ceramic coating on the turbo manifold, dump tube, turbine housing, and possibly the downpipe. It gets really hot in there. I've also ordered a Hondata intake manifold gasket which should also help a bit with IAT's. Once it's back together and running well, I'm going to start cleaning up the bay. First thing is probably going to be a battery relocation, followed by a tuck of the fuse box, vacuum manifold, and tucking of the brake booster hose and some other vacuum lines. Eventually, I'm thinking of plumbing some AN fittings into the head for the breather and PCV valve. I also want to tuck the upper air conditioning hose and the abs module but that will probably wait a little while first. Later, probably early spring, I plan to do a hybrid racing harness to really clean up the rest of the wiring.

I'll keep the thread updated as I go.
    Last edited by andyman97; 10-11-2011 at 03:41 PM.

Looks like a basemap to me. Odds are you were just running on a band aid till the previous owner had coin to tune it... if there was even intentions to.

What are the values for boost? Those columns are hidden. The hole youre referring to was likely the high cam crossover point. Most basemaps arent tuned above or below the crossover point for the particular lobe. Looks like it was somewhere around 5800rpm. Unless it was moved and the maps werent even touched. lol

Either way i would definitely do some work to the maps BEFORE you put it back on the dyno to make sure everything is set up per your engine and power goals. Im a firm believer in some good ol fashioned desk tuning before you even think about turning the key.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information