Close

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Ok, maybe I didn't explain very well. The k24 map was the map that was running the car before it was even boosted or I owned it. I bought the car na and just got the boost project finished and immediately hit the dyno when my tuner built a completely new map for it. I had it tuned professionally on the dyno. Basically, my tuner loaded up a completely different basemap and tuned it from the ground up for the turbo setup.

The reason you aren't seeing boost values in the map because it wasn't a boosted setup before this past Friday, so before that, there was no need for load points of boost.

But the high cam crossover was at 4500, not 6k. That shitty tune obviously didn't compensate.

I haven't even put 500 miles on the car since owning it. The damage was already done from the previous tune or lack thereof. The maps are just to share why the engine let go on the dyno. That pretty much explains the problem. The fix is on the way but thanks for the insight.
    Last edited by andyman97; 10-11-2011 at 03:46 PM.

I understand completely what you said. I remember the car was NA and then you boosted it. Even the paragraph above is misleading, but i still understand.

"I bought the car na and boosted it. I had it tuned professionally on the dyno. Basically, my tuner loaded up a completely different basemap and tuned it from the ground up. (so then why arent there any boost tables?) You aren't seeing boost values in the map because it wasn't a boosted setup (but i though these were screen shots of his tune?), no need for load points of boost." (really?)

I understand that you are telling me these are screen shots of the NA KAL prior to tuning. You didnt however say he uploaded a DIFFERENT KAL than the one you are showing screen shots of. Now while there is no need to show boost tables in the screen shots if youre just showing the previous NA KAL, there IS need to show them if you DONT specify, and it is up to us to assume this is the KAL that was ALSO used as a startup map for tuning BOOST.

Oh, and changing the high cam crossover doesnt automatically adjust the maps. If you move the xover down to 4500, then you have to manually add fuel and change your ignition accordingly. Thats why i said it would do well to change the map before you even hit the dyno. But if that wasnt screen shots of the map you used for boost tuning, then i wouldnt have suggested that... would i? lol

Im not trying to debate your setup with you, or tell you what to do. Sorry i offered a little bit of insight based on misinformation. Im just trying to clear up why i typed what i typed... and wish you luck with your setup.

- Dave

Everything you just said is spot on, wasn't trying to argue or dispute anything, just trying to clarify that the screenshots were of the kal from when I bought the car, prior to boosting, which you realize at this point. Again, sorry I wasn't clear, I do appreciate the support and insight, I seriously wasn't trying to be a smartass or downplay your knowledge in my previous post, sorry it came across that way.

The point I was making is that the basemap from before was fucked up and I was using it to illustrate why we had problems on the dyno after boosting.

Seriously, no worries here. : ) Im not that smart anyways. lol

I just wanted to be clear... because type doesnt convey tone, thats all.

It sucks to get as far as you have in such short time and run into a snag that can seem like one step forward and two steps back... but like you said, at least you will KNOW what youre working with once its rebuilt.

Yeah, I'm honestly not all that upset about it, I was going to do a rebuild at some point anyway, I just thought I'd have a little time to play with it first. Not that big of a setback though.

oh jeez, makes me feel like I'm driving a go kart. legit thread!

Quick update, pistons and rods are getting ordered today. While it's apart, it's getting some 50 degree type s cam gears and a hondata img. Also going to be getting manifold, turbine housing, dumptube, and downpipe ceramic coated. Ptp turbo blanket will also be going on. Should be up and running again next week sometime.
    Last edited by BigLon30; 02-24-2009 at 12:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by andyman97 View Post
    Yeah, bone stock k24a2. It'll be good as new before long. I have no idea how it was treated before I owned it but at least now I won't have to wonder if and when the engine is going to let go.
    Say bro can u send me a link to the dual fuel pump setup im interested

The engine is out and the block is apart. The block is being overbored to 87.5mm just because the #3 cylinder is a little marred from the ringland. All exhaust parts will go in for coating today and hopefully be done Friday or Monday.

I ended up going with CP pistons in 9.0:1 compression for an 87.5mm bore and Brian Crower turbo H-beam rods. I also ordered ARP head studs, ACL race bearings, and an OEM headgasket. Fortunately, the timing chain, tensioner, and oil pump are all in good shape. The crank was also unscathed. I'm hoping to have it back on the dyno a week from Friday.

After inspection, nothing was damaged from the oil fire.

Yeah it's nice to have an engine with some low end.

Well, the high hopes to have it done for Halloween are shattered. Machine shop isn't done with the block and the exhaust parts still haven't come back from the coater yet. Should definitely be done by the end of next week. It's driving me crazy to have invested so much and wait wait wait.

The speedo had been acting up since I've had the car and kpro wasn't reading the speed sensor signal at all. A continuity check showed a short in the signal wire so the oem wire is getting bypassed for clean wiring. This is a relief because I wouldn't have been able to use boost by gear without a solid vss signal.

I also had Dan from DCA ship me a black microsuede shift boot with red stitching to match the seats, I'm excited to see how it looks.

nice man let us know how it turned out

Rebuild is complete. Hopefully everything will come back from the coater's early this week. Either way, it should be running and on the dyno by Friday at the latest.

Its that a dseries motor in the background lol

It certainly seems to be, lol.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread Information