Close

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    yay k24a2 turbo club, join in!

what tires re you going to run with all that power?
    Last edited by AKEP; 10-30-2011 at 12:59 PM.

I have nitto neogens in 235/50/17. I will probably pick up slicks and 13s for the track in the spring.

ephatch member
    i miss my K24 EP...swap out the head for a K20A or one of the other heads and you'll love it even more..build the head though...u'll enjoy it even more when u're making 250+ hp with the right tune n mods...

Quote Originally Posted by flyingsihigh View Post
    i miss my K24 EP...swap out the head for a K20A or one of the other heads and you'll love it even more..build the head though...u'll enjoy it even more when u're making 250+ hp with the right tune n mods...
    Thanks but it's already boosted making almost 500. The head also has type s vtc gears in it.

Exhaust parts are back from the coater finally. Engine and trans are back in the car. Just some more final prep and it will be back on the dyno Friday. Shooting for 550 on pump.

Did you do the entire exhaust... as in the muffler and all too? Pix?

Nah, I did the manifold. turbine housing, downpipe, and dumptube. The entire exhaust would've been overkill and unnecessary, just wanted to bring down the temps in the engine bay as much as possible. I'll try to get some pics up by the weekend.

Ah ok. I was considering a custom mild steel setup... and coating everything (my k24 header, midpipe, and the muffler). I just want it done to prevent rust... and i dont see the sense in spending a ton of $ on a stainless setup i will eventually shelve anyways (NA to boost). Just didnt know who you used, and wanted a general idea on how much it might cost.

Lookin forward to your results!
    Last edited by 02K20; 02-26-2009 at 12:32 PM.

For those parts, it was 250. I'd recommend a kteller stainless 3", then when you're ready for boost, you can bolt it right up and be good to go. The coater was custom coating in Carlisle pa.

Tomorrow is the big day. Everything is ready for the dyno. Expect to see some vids and graphs. 550 on pump is the goal. I'm excited to see how the intake temps look after the heat treatment.

didnt u just rebuild the bottom end of the motor? shouldnt it go thru a breaking in period of atleast 500 miles or so?correct me if im wrong.

either way i cant wait to see your car pull 500 good luck andyman keep us posted

Sick ass build! Good luck wit everything, I wanna see some vids!

No, break in period is the first 30 miles. If you don't seat your rings in that time frame, you miss your window. Break in will be on the dyno, part throttle and boost.

Well, things today didn't go as planned. The downpipe was leaking at the v-band from the turbine housing. After examining the turbine housing, I could tell that the coater had dropped it after it had been coated and put a nice ding in the mating surface of the turbine housing flange so it didn't seal to the downpipe flange properly. Had to get the downpipe to the machinist to mill the surfaces of both flanges to make a seal. They won't come back until next week sometime.

Sorry for the buildup and now a let down. I'm frustrated but shit happens. I can't imagine this going beyond next week...but then again, I've said that before. Good things come to those who wait, I guess.

wow, you gonna let the coater hear it or what?

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread Information