Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

What suspension should i get?

i have tein flex with edfc...1 strut is blown. i want to take these off and sell them once i have a new set...i was thinking racland coilovers...but with shipping and tophats it'll cost around $430.00....what other options are good for me out there for a considerable price.

I have greddy turbo kit and 17 inch gram lights, carbon fiber trunk and hood, with a d3 double x brace.

Ummm...what's wrong with the flex that you want to downgrade to race land? I'm running the super street with camber plates myself. When it is finally time for an overhaul, I will be getting mine revalved around a firmer spring.

Hell, all three of my cars roll on tein.

with the kind of mods you're running and the brands, I'd get something a bit more reputable over Raceland.
    You were on Teins, I'd rebuild that.

BUT look into Function and Form
    Megan
    Both on the more economic end after Raceland
    WTS: 17" beater wheels 4 lug, Dell Studio 1555 Laptop, Volvo Lip, Nikon mount lenses, BuddyClub wing, and more. PM me.
    http://www.ephatch.com/forum/showthr...110#post935110

i've never been happy with my teins...it was just always so bouncy to me. As far as turnaround time to rebuild my tein strut it is 1 month. a month that i do not have, for this is my only car. i'm thinking...to get the racelands..use them up while i have the teins rebuilt...or just sell it off?

That's not a bad idea either, and you can have them revalved like Tinman5 is planning to do. But if you are looking for something different I would suggest the BC N+ coilovers.

Bouncy? Seriously, you will HATE the race lands. If the civic applications are anything like the vw applications, you will kick your own arse. Don't get me wrong, the race lands are not bouncy, but they are not well damped. They go lower than anything this side of B&G coils. I'm not speaking third person either. I own a set that I used while waiting for my Teins to be made up for my GTI. For the three bills I paid for them, I was rather surprised at how well they drive. Slow bumps are very hard, and they keep settling literally for weeks.

That's the beauty of the Teins. if you have the coin and genuinely know what youre talking about, they can be custom configured howsoever you choose. My only issue with the ep3 super streets is they are a tad on the soft side. Excellent on the street, but the fronts could stand to be firmer for serious driving. That's my humble uneducated opinion.

Save up for progress coilovers...Ride is smooth and handling is great...don't cheap out when it comes to your suspension bro...
    Quote Originally Posted by nmysiismyn View Post
    Ecclesiastes 1:9
    "What has been will be again,
    what has been done will be done again;
    there is nothing new under the sun."

-King Solomon

How do you have good parts and cheapout on some bullshit suspension? Progressive, Buddy Club N+, or BC coilovers. I spent about 950+ on my suspension and waited 3 weeks. So far it's the best mod I have on the car

If you don't need coilovers, maybe look into a good spring / strut setup or pick up a used set of the Mugen SS.

i'd recommend a-spec but i doubt it will be low enough for you.

mugen ss like .colin recommended is similar to a-spec except its a bit stiffer and it does drop the car about a half inch lower than a-spec.

Moderator=>PM 4 Help MugenReplica's Avatar
    Comdrive Ex-Motion Athlete Orange coilovers.

Everyone tells you the same things
    I'll say different.
    It's your car, not mine.
    Cheap-out on your suspension

:)
    WTS: 17" beater wheels 4 lug, Dell Studio 1555 Laptop, Volvo Lip, Nikon mount lenses, BuddyClub wing, and more. PM me.
    http://www.ephatch.com/forum/showthr...110#post935110

I've had the Tein Basics for years and I love them. Good combination of street and track characteristics. Obviously you don't have as many options without camber plates and dampening adjustability, but honestly, I can say that even if I did, I'd probably want them set up just as they are now.

In case you aren't aware of this option.. You could go with this, too.

http://www.ephatch.com/forum/showthr...pension-on-ep3

If I was going to spend $750 on a suspension, it wouldn't be for something that close to stock. Just my $0.02 though.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information