Close

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    edited the post

you forgot a major part in your list....a supercharger

Quote Originally Posted by gtolio View Post
    I know at least two people that have made your numbers on stock A3s with I/RH/EX

Look man, I'm not saying it's the greatest way to make power in the world, but I am saying it is possible to make some decent power over stock. Close to 100whp with the right supporting mods is decent in my book.

Quote Originally Posted by RHCP0801 View Post
    edited the post

you forgot a major part in your list....a supercharger
    cool dude, the entire time I was talking about JRSC. I figured you would infer it from that. Saying that someone made 225whp on a stock a3 with bolt ons would be like saying they got it to fly or drive under water.

dont waste your time with the k20a3 SC
    just swap the bitch asap...if you get the SC now...you WILL eventually want more...TRUST me and everyone else who has gone that route initially...
    Quote Originally Posted by nmysiismyn View Post
    Ecclesiastes 1:9
    "What has been will be again,
    what has been done will be done again;
    there is nothing new under the sun."

-King Solomon

well that's the way you made it seem because I was talking about an NA k24a2. Yea its not bad but you can get a k24a2 for less than the price of a jrsc race kit and make roughly the same hp NA, add a supercharger to a k24a2 and your looking at 300+

well that's the way you made it seem because I was talking about an NA k24a2. Yea its not bad but you can get a k24a2 for less than the price of a jrsc race kit and make roughly the same hp NA, add a supercharger to a k24a2 and your looking at 300
    ok, gotcha. Agreed on the k24a2 JRSC. That's a killer setup. A friend of mine has it in a caged eg. I'd almost rather have that than what I have now, especially for road racing.

I cant imagine what it's like driving that car lol

Registered User mitchlikesbikes's Avatar
    thumbs up for settling your differences like gentlemen!

OT, k24a2>jrsc a3

I cant imagine what it's like driving that car lol
    pretty nuts.

Registered User kale's blue ep3's Avatar
    thanks for the input guys I see k24a2 is def the way to go. But these motors seem hard to find i check car parts.com everyday to see if anything is local but really nothing. I check craigslist even tho i cant stand that because all you get is motors that been city driven and took a beating. where else do you guys suggest?

local junkyards

30hp? You're kidding, right? EP3s don't make 160WHP from the factory. They make 160 at the crank. Check your math, buddy.
    sorry but he's correct about only gaining 30whp from the sc. that being said its because he's referring to 30whp on top of basic bolt ons.

a race kit wont get your a3 good numbers unless the motors in tip top shape. even then the a3 is still a piece of shit and if you want good power out of it go turbo.
    Last edited by j0000stin; 08-17-2011 at 07:59 PM.

My EP made 158whp with bolt ons. JRSC-R'd A3 is going to make over 200whp (I knew two guys that made in the 225whp range). You do the math.

As far as finding a K24 goes, if you are willing to sacrifice a little power you might be able to find a non A2 K24 (i.e. an A1) easier/cheaper. You could still make good numbers on it later if you boost it.

My EP made 158whp with bolt ons. JRSC-R'd A3 is going to make over 200whp (I knew two guys that made in the 225whp range). You do the math.

As far as finding a K24 goes, if you are willing to sacrifice a little power you might be able to find a non A2 K24 (i.e. an A1) easier/cheaper. You could still make good numbers on it later if you boost it.
    well i got my k24a2 for 1200 which is around the same price as a s/c anyways just takes a little time and a lot of digging. shit, i found a k24a1 for andrew here in sac with 50,000 miles for only 400

on the street kit i only hit 187whp with dcrh/aem cai/hks hi-power, granted everyone knows the dcrh was a POS and the hi-power bottlenecks like a mofo i coulda squeezed around 200whp out of it with a better set up and i do agree the racekit could net around 225 on a good day but the way i see it is why spend all that money when a swap with basic bolt-ons could net you the same power.

plus you can boost later on and make "real" hp

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information