Close

Question Help with suspension

I know this topic has been covered plenty of times but bare with me guys. I'm currently running progress springs with stock shocks. When I first put in my springs I loved them but now I think they have settled to low or my shocks are blown. Probably the shocks. I want a setup with about the same drop but something that wont bottom out. I've read a lot about suspensions. I'm looking at getting full coilovers such as progress, bc, megan, or anything else. I dont want to spend much as I'm a college student and I should'nt be spending this money but I work hard for it and my ep takes care of me so i should take care of it.

I was also wondering if I should get just shocks and keep my springs? I am content with my current drop but having the ability to play with the ride height would be nice.

What do you guys think I should do?

I am leaning at progress coilover set but it hurts to spend that much money. Do i have other alternatives? How much will just shocks set me back? And with this much drop will I always bottom out?(1.8f , 1.5b)

p.s I DONT want racelands. I ordered them, put them in and hated them. Too bouncy for me. Not only that but the back was always lower than the front and I hate the way our eps look when we are dragging our asses around. I dont get why suspension companies make the ep suspensions lower from the back than the front.

You could have adjusted the ride heights at the front and back to get the look you want, but adjusting it too low would make it bouncier I guess. I'm not slammed on mine but they feel a lil bit stiffer than stock. Ride is alright and how you feel most bumps but the rebound is nice so it's all good.

Progess is a good choice, I should have had them if it weren't for some miscommunication. Get some used ones if it's too much for you.

Buy new dampers, problem solved. Bilsteins or Konis should do the trick. Emphasis on the Bilstiens.

How much would that set me back? Anyone know where I can get a decent price on progress coilovers?

Clubep3.com has some for around 950 but half the time they are on back order...

Corsport use to have it for 900 flat. Just get the part number and they can order it for ya. It would be most likely shipped through the manufacturer.

Thread Information