Close

Help Please!! 02 ep3 not running smooth..93k..need 100,000k tune up?...injectors bad?

ok so i have 02 civic si...i just hit 93k on the odometer..all the regular mantaince on this car has been regularly done since ive owned the car (bought it w/60k)..just recently the car began to drive very sluggish and very slow (atleast to how it was running before). Automatically i figured it was the spark plugs..so i replaced them with the ngk iridiums...the car runs a tad bit better now but it still does not run clean and smoothly up to redline...at times under normal driving conditions it gives almost like a small hickup or a gentle quick bog while normally acclerating in 1st or 2nd gear..it just doesnt feel right...feels like the motor is working way too hard..and the car feels very sluggish..ive recently flushed the transmission..replaced the clutch..changed spark plugs and oil...so my question is..y is my car all of a sudden acting like this?...could it be a failing coil pack? if so how do i check..r my injectors failing or do they need to b cleaned?..or maybe is my car just due for a tune up? I dont really feel like taking the car to the stealership so they can charge me crazy money for simple stuff..could it be that my car needs a valve adjustment? ...has anybody had these kind of problems before..and for the people who have done the 100k tune up, what exactly did u do during the tune up?...(btw i dont have a service manual) i dunno...any help,inputs or suggestions will b greatly appreciated...thanks in advance guys

clean the iacv

thats the idle air control valve right?...where is that located? (excuse my ignorance) i dont have any trouble with the idle though its only while driving that u can feel the bogginess..and the sort of hiccups where i just lose a lot of power all of sudden throughout the power band
    Last edited by ig0tschnitzeli; 08-22-2011 at 12:33 PM.

bump! i feel like i have the same problem.

Re: Help Please!! 02 ep3 not running smooth..93k..need 100,000k tune up?

The part you see taped up is the IACV. I have a new one.. just procrastinating on replacing it lol..
    Attached Images Attached Images

Is your tach dropping and increasing in rev's when you come to a stop? If so, I would clean the IACV as everyone mentioned. It sounds like that might not be the issue though

Quote Originally Posted by Waldo129 View Post
    The part you see taped up is the IACV. I have a new one.. just procrastinating on replacing it lol..
    The pic you posted shows the coolant water neck and the AAV (air assist valve). The IACV is located on the throttle body.

This link should help with cleaning the IACV: http://www.ephatch.com/forum/showthread.php?43337
    Green Crew #7

Please donate and support EPHatch.com: Greenie Status, License Plate Frames, Banner & Small 'ephatch.com' Decals

Was your WTS/WTT/WTB closed? Please read the following: link 1 & link 2

Re: Help Please!! 02 ep3 not running smooth..93k..need 100,000k tune up?

Quote Originally Posted by usedep3 View Post
    Is your tach dropping and increasing in rev's when you come to a stop? If so, I would clean the IACV as everyone mentioned. It sounds like that might not be the issue though

The pic you posted shows the coolant water neck and the AAV (air assist valve). The IACV is located on the throttle body.

This link should help with cleaning the IACV: http://www.ephatch.com/forum/showthread.php?43337
    Oops your right! I mistook the two lol

Thread Information